My phone keeps rebooting and Tmo is not helping any to fix this. I have tried soft/hard resets, swapping sims, and whatever else i could have tried. Tmo is sending me a new battery because they " guess " that is the problem since the first 6 things didnt work. Out of no where the phone will shut down and reboot. Some times not at all sometimes 3 or 4 times a day. Sometimes when on a call sometimes not. Has this or is this happening to anyone else? Not sure what else to do. This is the second phone i received and this is still happening. grrrr.....
    02-03-08 02:25 AM
    Are you in a wifi area? I've seen this happen when the device is trying to connect to "N" type routers. Also, batteries have been known to cause this, too.
    02-03-08 08:55 AM
    Are you in a wifi area? I've seen this happen when the device is trying to connect to "N" type routers. Also, batteries have been known to cause this, too.
    I had the same problem with my curve. Constantly rebooted as soon as I ran the wi-fi setup. Unplugged my belkin N router and curve immediately stopped rebooting. Tmobile and RIM were no help on this, I had to figure it out through trial and error (and went through 2 handsets). Easy fix: I returned the router to wally world and exchanged for linksys G router.
    02-03-08 02:22 PM
    I am having the same issues on ATT and we do not have wifi. I have 2 associates with the same issues. I am having ATT send me a new unit to see if that fixes it.
    02-03-08 03:08 PM
    Could this be a software issue? I did an update, can i wipe out the entire os and start over from scratch? Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?
    02-03-08 05:06 PM
    it rebooting over and over ? i had it happen to me before and my resolution was go to desktop manager and connect the blackberry no matter what and have to perform an deletion of the os and reinstall the os again beucase something i removed was not supposed to be removed form the desktop manager file or a program not formatted for the excat device was installed
    02-03-08 07:16 PM
    I did a battery pull, and blowed on everything and kept the battery out for like 30 seconds..

its been about 15 minutes? which is been the longest on time tonight... Ugh I'm going to wait another 15 minutes before i deem it safe....then i can go to sleep!! UGH!
    12-17-09 01:18 AM
    You could try reformating the memory card also. That worked for me.
    12-17-09 05:49 AM
    same thing goes for me, tried everything but i think im gonna try to turn off my wifi, and see if that works.
    i had it happen to me before and my resolution was go to desktop manager and connect the blackberry no matter what and have to perform an deletion of the os and reinstall the os again beucase something i removed was not supposed to be removed form the desktop manager file or a program not formatted for the excat device was installed
    does it work?

Could this be a software issue? I did an update, can i wipe out the entire os and start over from scratch? Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?
    i did this yesterday, complete wipe and software upgrade to the 4.5.0.174, and still does the same thing.
    12-17-09 09:46 AM
    I had the same problem. . .T mobie was no help. I just sent it back and now I'm waiting on refund just to buy another Curve again from t-mobile. . .the first one was an open box so now I might try brand new. . .(AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!)
    any one got a solve for this problem (cuz T mobile dosen't. . .)
    06-09-10 08:26 AM
    Usually freezing or rebooting issues are related to memory. What is your free memory?
    06-09-10 08:49 AM
    The media card is also a common culprit.

Try removing it. If that corrects the problem, you can try re-formating it.
    06-09-10 09:40 AM
    I'm having this problem now. It started yesterday at lunch. It's shut down and rebooted as many times as possible. It just started out of the blue. No new apps or downloads. It only stays on the home screen for maybe 2 minutes at most i'd say, then it reboots. It may stay on the white screen with hour glass for 5 minutes sometimes. It will not stop. Today I got by the store and got a warranty phone, got halfway home and same thing, it started doing it again, and have a white screen/hour glass right now as a matter of fact.

Any solution?
    06-30-10 05:47 PM
    My phone keeps rebooting and Tmo is not helping any to fix this. I have tried soft/hard resets, swapping sims, and whatever else i could have tried. Tmo is sending me a new battery because they " guess " that is the problem since the first 6 things didnt work. Out of no where the phone will shut down and reboot. Some times not at all sometimes 3 or 4 times a day. Sometimes when on a call sometimes not. Has this or is this happening to anyone else? Not sure what else to do. This is the second phone i received and this is still happening. grrrr.....
    same thing is happening to me right now friend. its the most annoying thing since the invention of automation. not at all impressed with blackberry in the first place, now its doing this annoy crappola....i feel you're pain.....what's the fix? short of getting a different phone entirely?
    10-05-10 09:10 PM
    I have a 8330. And mine reboots sometimes. But it doesn't do it continuously. Usually it happens because I have too much **** running or something will freeze it up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-10 12:41 PM
    I dont know if this would help you guys much, depending on how similar setup the 8330 and 8520 are...

I found my girlfriends Curve 8520 kept rebooting randomly and would reboot when she put it down sometimes. Sometimes during reboot it would get halfway and reboot again.

Inevitably, she was sick of it to the point she was going to smash it against the wall.

So I suggested she let me open it up and have a poke around inside.

When I took the battery cover off to take the battery out I noticed that the battery didn't sit snug inside and was able to move around a little, which reminded me of when I had a Sony Ericsson K850i that suffered the same problems of random reboots which was down to poor contact from the battery to the motherboard.

So I opened it up and got the back of the housing off and saw there was rubbing where the contacts met with the board.

So I got a precision screw driver and bent the contacts from the housing to the board out a little so it would make better contact with the board and the same for where the battery would meet the contacts in the housing.

Then reassembled it and just to make sure the battery wouldn't move about, I wedged a bit of folded cereal box at the top of the battery so it would stay in firmly.

Ever since that 'Quick Fix' it hasn't rebooted once, even when slammed down or dropped.

I did this same quick fix to another 6 Curve 8520's with the same outcome

Hope this helps...
    05-10-11 12:04 AM
    Usually when I look for an issue tech related it is hard to find users with similar issues... Not this time. I have tried everything. My blackberry 9300 keeps restarting randomly. Sometimes it happens after 2 minutes of use sometimes after 45 minutes. I have performed several updates/reloads with all different builds, no restoring of settings apps or info. Performed security wipes and swapped batteries with a friend. I am pretty tek savvy but I'm stumped. I have tried running without a memory and or sim card and every combination of both. It seems to not restart as quickly with the radio's off but not sure if it's just a coincidence. But it usually freezes for 30 seconds before restarting. So it's not a battery connection issue like mentioned in the last post. Please I am so desperate (in fact so much so I got an iPhone, but I would like to get my bbm back). Does anyone have a similar problem/ solution. I will keep you updated.
    09-07-11 07:03 PM
    My Blackberry Does the same i have been tryna figure out why it does this if i have just finish watching a video on the internet it reboots if i am goen to read a text message the minute i press a button on the phone it reboots somtimes even when i just have the phone in my hand and rest it down it shuts off its very frustrating and thing about it is the blackberry takes so long to load up.
    01-18-12 08:31 AM
    I have a curve 8520 and i have a problem that if i bump it softly it reboots, at times i take it out my pocket only to find it has rebooted. i have tried all the suggestions posted but nothing works. I swapped batteries with two other Curves that I have and now all of a sudden they are doing the same thing.
    please can anyone help me
    10-01-12 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD