Hi all-

My 7mo old loves my bb and love to play around with the buttons. Well, today he decided to chew on it (teething and stops him from crying). He's done it before, but today his spit must have been much stronger, because after he got done chewing it, the screen was blank and the red led was flashing.

Pulled the battery, and it restarted. Then, went dead again. Battery was starting to get low, so plugged it in, red led came on, but still no screen. Now it isn't doing anything.

I did some searching around on the other threads and found the how to nuke article. But, I don't have my contacts or calender backed up so I need to figure out how to get this bad boy to turn on at least so I can back everything up first. I tried plugging it in to my laptop, but it is saying it can't find the device. I am a Realtor and have all of my client info on my phone, so I desperately need to be able to recover everything and get my phone working again.

Any hints besides a complete nuke?

Thanks
    Jason
    05-02-10 03:00 PM
    Take the battery out NOW and give it a chance to dry out.
    05-02-10 03:09 PM
    Try a frozen washcloth next time...cheaper than a bb! Try rice and do not put the battery back in yet!!!
    05-03-10 11:07 AM
    Why in the world would anyone give an infant an expensive piece of equipment to chew on??????

Oh yeah no one can stand to hear their kid make a peep and no one can tell the kids no about anything. Expensive teething ring! Hey give him your other phone too!
    05-03-10 11:14 AM
    Jason, OMG I felt like I was reading my own post!! Same thing happened to me tonight. Had my 8 month old at a meeting with me and she was fussing. She grabbed my bb and starting biting on it (she's teething...thought she was just biting on my rubber cover). Got done with my meeting and the keys wouldn't work...can't even get past the password screen because the "P" key is typing twice...press delete and it moves forwrd two spaces...etc. I pulled the battery only to find it was wet inside (none of the moisture indicators were set off, but definitely shorted the keyboard or something). I have it in a rice bag right now...but like you, nothing is backed up. Did you ever get yours working? If so, how did you do it?
    05-11-10 10:46 PM
    I had my phone in my shirt pocket at work listen 2 music.I went2 go get a bucket of soap and mean green all purpose water leaned over 2 pick the bucket up and my phone went rite in the bucket. I took the battery out and let it dry out for some days. The.phone is back on and working.. So just let dry out for a few days

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 10:12 AM
    Moisture + BB = bad joo joo. These are not water proof and chances are, if you plugged it in and put the battery back in, most likely your BB is fried. Even with the proper moisture recovery procedures, there's a chance the connections will continue to corrode. I would chalk this up as an expensive lesson.

And so I don't sound like I'm speaking without understanding: I have a ten-month-old seething daughter who loves cellphones and remote. Despite that she is not allowed to play with them for this very reason. Teething toys are very cheap, or if you must, give your baby an old phone. Just leave the battery out, because if the cell phone had power it can call 911, even if it deactivated. We get those calls all the time of a kid duty an old deactivated cell phone calling 911.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 11:50 AM
    In addition to it being expensive for a baby to chew on a piece of electrical equipment, has anybody considered the SAFETY issues?

05-15-10 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD