Hey, new here, I tried searching but I've been having some trouble finding anything that helped. Everything I found seems to lead to the error message that people get when trying to access the camera.

Currently my 8320, my camera is showing these weird colors. Everything looks as if there's a pink and brown filter over it (sometimes green). Then when I take a picture and try to view the picture, all it shows is a black screen with a red X in the top left corner.

I have ordered a new replacement camera, I'm hoping this will solve the problem. Resetting the phone does not work. I tried some of the proposed solutions listed for people that get an error when they try to access the camera app and none of those worked.

Is there anything that you guys think I should do?
    02-27-11 02:04 PM
    Take a q-tip and push the lens back in until you hear it click. It often will get dislodged after an impact from dropping. Cured my blacked out camera. Best of luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-11 02:18 PM
    Tried that just now, didn't get a clicking sound. I pressed pretty hard too with the Q-tip. So thinking that the camera went bad. Not really sure though.
    02-27-11 02:37 PM
    crude.... tried using a q-tip to push on it and cracked the camera lens. So I guess either way I'm putting in a new camera.

When attempting to take a picture though, the same problem exists.

-A blue or pink or green haze appears.
    -taking a picture only results in a blank picture with a red X in the top left corner.
    02-27-11 06:33 PM
    Sorry you cracked it Sly, does your media card work otherwise?

02-27-11 06:40 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply. I ordered a 8320 camera off of ebay so it's not too big a deal.

What do you mean by media card? Do you mean the microSD card? If not what are you referring to and how would I check to see if it still works.

Not sure if this is relevant but...

The weird thing is when I go to the camera app, I can still get a picture to show up on the screen. The only thing is that the picture seems to have a weird color haze to it (like a blue, pink, green, or brown haze to it).

After taking a picture anyways, the picture is just a black screen with a red dot in the top left corner.

I just don't get how I can get a picture to show up on the screen but then when I take a picture, it is a black screen with a red X in the top left. Does this mean that the camera is bad or that the blackberry itself is bad?
    Last edited by Slythro; 02-27-11 at 09:00 PM.
    02-27-11 07:39 PM
    Like I was leaning toward, make sure your media card didn't become jarred and is seated correctly. But now that you have tried the first fix, it could be a software issue. Did you upgrade the Os before it started happening?

Last edited by albee 1; 02-28-11 at 02:12 PM.
    02-28-11 02:10 PM
    Yep, the media card is sitting in there correctly.

This problem happened before updating to the new OS, then when I updated to the new OS, the problem was still there.
    02-28-11 06:39 PM
    Pretty odd Sly. I know you don't want to but the only fix I can see is wiping and reinstalling the Os. But you may as well wait till you install the camera you ordered. Might turn out to be a bad camera after all. Keep me posted.

02-28-11 07:36 PM
    Yeah, I'll keep ya posted. I hope the camera comes in soon. It should be in within a couple days.
    02-28-11 07:58 PM
    Well the camera finally came in. I will try to put it in tonight. I'll give you an update as soon as possible.
    03-07-11 08:13 AM
    Pretty odd Sly. I know you don't want to but the only fix I can see is wiping and reinstalling the Os. But you may as well wait till you install the camera you ordered. Might turn out to be a bad camera after all. Keep me posted.

Alright, I tossed in the new camera, didn't solve the problem.

I guess the best bet is to go ahead and wipe the OS and reinstall it.

Do you have a guide or anything to reinstalling the OS?

I did a quick search and found a guide on fixing a nuked blackberry. However, I received this phone from a friend who had T-mobile, he unlocked it and gave it to me. Therefore, I'm not really sure how I would go about finding the original OS. Unless I don't need the original OS to do this.

Thanks,
    03-10-11 09:37 PM
    Pretty sure you don't need the original Os. Just delete the vendor Xml file befor loading it or you will receive tmo crap pushed to it. I am not sure but you may need to have it unlocked or flashed again. Good luck!

03-11-11 10:00 AM
    Ok. I'll ask my buddy and see if I will need to unlock again.

Do you just use the multilanguage OS that's in the sticky? Because when I use that link, it takes me to a Spanish Blackberry site.
    03-11-11 11:48 AM
    Go to RIM's website and pick your model and or carrier. Download into PC then unzip. Use Shrink-a-Os to trim it down and delete vendor xml file prior to installing. Use BBsak to wipe and install. Make sure there are no other previously downloaded Os's on your pc. You might also go to BBtweaks and check out a hybrid Os. Most of them I believe are already trimmed down. They also post step by step instructions for wiping and installing. Best of luck Sly!

Last edited by albee 1; 03-12-11 at 11:10 AM.
    03-12-11 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD