Last night my Blackberry 8320 started boot looping. I followed the instructions at this page:
    crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry
    And on step 3, after it loaded the OS on the device, the device started boot looping again and was unable to go any farther than "Wait for device initialization" on the third image on that page. Once it got to that point it just continuously rebooted. I disconnected the phone from the computer and killed the Launcher.exe process.
    However, the computer still thinks it's connected, so when I run the Loader.exe again, it shows up in the list instead of "unknown" showing - even with the BlackBerry disconnected. I'm guessing a reboot of the computer can fix that, but I figured I would mention it in case it's indicative of anything. I was reading this post:
    forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=396258
    And from that it seems to me that my phone might not be repairable. If that's the case, it's not the end of the world; I have another Blackberry to use, but the other one doesn't have wifi capability and has a smaller screen, etc. so I prefer the 8320.
    07-24-11 08:13 AM
    Wipe with BBSAK.

Uninstall DM

Download CCCleaner and Run it.

Reinstall DM

(Reboot computer whenever necessary)

Install OS.

Hope.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-11 08:20 AM
    BBSAK can't see the phone. I try to get it to connect as soon as the phone comes on, and it tries for a moment then says "No Device Detected, Push OK to continue". I've tried it when letting the phone cycle, I've tried it right after plugging it in without the battery, I've tried it many other ways with no success. I tried it with my 8100 and it connected up right away, and even with an old 7105t I have lying around. So is the Curve deader than dead then?

BTW thanks for telling me about BBSAK, it looks like a great tool. I'm gonna have to see what all it can do for my other BlackBerry phones.
    07-24-11 12:30 PM
    Well, it looks like that battered old Curve really bit the dust. And just after I bought a new battery and trackball for it. But all is not lost. I put the new trackball in this Pearl 8100 and the battery into my old 7100t. I also upgraded this Pearl to OS 4.5 and it's so much better. Thanks for all the help with both phones. This Pearl is in much better condition than the Curve was, and it'll serve me well until I get rid of T-Mobile entirely. I have a Droid coming for my Verizon line which will let me switch the T-Mobile line's data plan off

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-11 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD