Ok I figured I would post a thread about this since I've only received help from 1 person but did not fix my problem. (Thanks AmazinglyGraceless)

I bought a new BB 8310 and have the stock 4.2.2 OS on there and found this site. I thought I would try to upgrade the OS as it was seemingly easy to do by the directions that were posted with the new OS. Well I did every step down to the tooth but I still can't seem to update this ******** phone.

(many many MANYYYYYYYYYYYYY hours latey)
    Still not working. Anyone care to give anymore suggestions?

Just a rundown:
    D/L latest DM v4.5 (installed)
    D/L this OS (installed)
    Went and deleted Vendor file from app folder
    Connected BB and opened DM
    Not getting prompt to update
    Went to Application Loader and clicked start on both Add/Remove App & Application Update (gives no option to update OS)
    07-21-08 12:32 AM
    Double check for vendor.xml file. If you downloaded your DM and installed after installing your OS, the vendor.xml file would have returned and need to be redeleted.
    07-21-08 12:36 AM
    I have an error msg: JVM 513....what should I do?
    07-21-08 01:08 AM
    I have an error msg: JVM 513....what should I do?
    ?^^^ does this even have anything to do with the original post

although i heard that if you dip your berry in a tall glass of ice water it fixes that code, it has to be really cold water though...
    Last edited by acidbaby; 07-21-08 at 01:25 AM.
    07-21-08 01:22 AM
    whats up with this?

i dont know what i did different but finally i got it after 3 days....

i swear i installed and reinstalled like 7 times a night!!

final for some reason perfect install

downloaded 4.5 DM from blackberry.com
    DL'ed the os saved it to a folder as i had to install it like 15 times and it takes forever to DL.
    i checked for the vendor file and went c;_program files_common files_research in motion_>BLACKBERRY? blackberry wtf? were is the apploader file??? ok go back like 5 times redo it.. same thing

finally uninstalled yet again rebooted reinstall and everything the same way and got the same result... i went to the forum.. 10 minutes later go back and BAM apploader file!!! holy ****! delete... OPEN dm CROSSED FINGERS... plug up> yes!!! succes.. now im updateing, i swear this whole thing has made me feel like a complete ******.. i used to work on PC's lol i have become a total newb again..soo afetr 3 days of trying to get this to work finally..

if ANYONE sees were i went wrong please god correct me because i know there are tons of people having the same problem.. hope this benifits someone stress>>>>>>>releived
    Last edited by acidbaby; 07-21-08 at 02:15 AM.
    07-21-08 01:51 AM
    No idea where you went wrong. I had the same problem after downgrading then deciding to upgrade again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 01:57 AM
    Ok I figured I would post a thread about this since I've only received help from 1 person but did not fix my problem. (Thanks AmazinglyGraceless)

I bought a new BB 8310 and have the stock 4.2.2 OS on there and found this site. I thought I would try to upgrade the OS as it was seemingly easy to do by the directions that were posted with the new OS. Well I did every step down to the tooth but I still can't seem to update this ******** phone.

(many many MANYYYYYYYYYYYYY hours latey)
    Still not working. Anyone care to give anymore suggestions?

Just a rundown:
    D/L latest DM v4.5 (installed)
    D/L this OS (installed)
    Went and deleted Vendor file from app folder
    Connected BB and opened DM
    Not getting prompt to update
    Went to Application Loader and clicked start on both Add/Remove App & Application Update (gives no option to update OS)
    Which OS version are you trying to install? I would try uninstalling the OS from the computer, reboot, and reinstall the OS. Remember to delete the Vendor.xml again.
    07-21-08 02:11 AM
    Which OS version are you trying to install? I would try uninstalling the OS from the computer, reboot, and reinstall the OS. Remember to delete the Vendor.xml again.
    The OS from Italy. I will give your instructions a shot.
    07-21-08 12:23 PM
    Nope that method did not work either........(bummed)
    07-21-08 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD