I got the bright idea to update my BB Curve OS to a 4.5 version......okay I admit it, so I could run Pandora. During the update I also ended up with Desktop Manager v4.6. No problem with the Desktop Manager. My phone, however, sucketh.

It stalls, for lack of a better word. When I hit a button to switch apps, it takes several seconds for any response. I'm unable to get Empower (for my email) working even though it is supposedly still on. I'm also having problems with calls now. They're cutting in and out and it's not a signal issue.

I'm not sure if I should try to restore back to wherever I was (I think 4.2 or something?) or if I should move forward and go with the 4.5.0.75.

Any thoughts, suggestions or lifelines would be super appreciated!

Thanks!
    Destiny
    08-26-09 03:29 PM
    Check your file free memory: Options, Status. I've seen 8310 devices come out of an upgrade to .110 with low file free. You should have at least 10 XXX XXX bytes of memory for problem free operation, more is better.

If that isn't your problem, If you have a memory card in your BB try taking it out. Sometimes the card can get corrupted during the upgrade process.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 03:35 PM
    Thanks for the information. I've got 4913198 in File Free so apparently I'm running low. I do have a memory card and I pulled it, put it in another Curve in the house (whose owner didn't do any upgrades) and it seems fine.

So if my issue is File Free, how do I correct? (Yes, I'm clueless) Or would upgrading to the .75 help?
    08-26-09 03:57 PM
    .75 would be a downgrade, the subveresion numbers are numerically sequential.

This is the most often used info for improving file free memory.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 04:02 PM
    I run .110 and haven't noticed any performance issues. I do run with > 10 XXX XXX file free and try not to let it drop below that mark.
    08-26-09 04:29 PM
    my phone came with .110 and nothing wrong with it on my phone. I usually run with >20 xxx xxx file free after deleting some garbage.
    08-26-09 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD