Hi all,

I currently received an 8310 (first blackberry, yay!) from AT&T. I just switched over from VZW. I had a bit better reception from VZW, but most of my friends and business contacts are on AT&T, so that's why I decided to switch.

Anyway, I got the 8310 and just read about the 8320 coming out next week. I'm sure I'll still be able to swap my phone if I'd like to get WiFi instead. Can anyone provide pros and cons of picking one over the other? I probably won't buy the extra $9.99 or whatever the cost is for the Navigator. But I have read that apps can still utilize the GPS? Am I wrong about that? (Coming from VZW, I'm sure you're all aware of them locking it out from anything else.) Basically I guess it comes down to which offers more perks as I probably will eventually use GPS, but Google maps is able to triangulate without a GPS unit? How accurate is that? Wifi calling would be interesting as well, as it is strange because INSIDE my house my calls get a bit fuzzy, but once I step outside it clears up. How else can GPS/WiFi benefit me?

Sorry for the bunch of questions, but I just don't want to stay uneducated about both models and wish I had the other in the end.
    09-20-08 04:48 PM
    try one out when it's released. you have 30 days. everyone's environment and needs are different.
    09-20-08 05:07 PM
    Wifi is so freakin' helpful. You get to go online without a dataplan if you have wifi near you.
    09-20-08 05:11 PM
    GPS all the way! Go to Google Maps on your BB and download the app. It is awesome, and utelizes your GPS reciever. And I like the colors of the 8310 better than the 8320, but might just try the 8320. And sorry if that's the wrong Google Maps link, if it is, please correct me, as I think I remember getting it from there.
    09-20-08 05:57 PM
    No telling what VZW will do with the GPS... probably lock it down like they do on their Curve now... Google Maps does work on TMO by finding what tower your signal is going through, which will at least get you close to your location. The Wifi is a fantastic addition to any BB.

I would go with Oakie's recommendation and get one when they come out and try it out... you can always return it if you don't like it.
    09-20-08 06:20 PM
    If you're going to actually use the Wifi function of the 8320 then I'd go with that. If not, then it's the 8310. Both are great devices, and it's awful hard to say you could go wrong with either one.
    09-20-08 08:47 PM
    Thanks everyone, I guess I'll try out the 8320 when it's released and see if I start to miss GPS.

...I wish the Javelin would come out already then I wouldn't have this problem!
    09-20-08 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD