I'm strongly considering getting a BlackBerry curve. I would like one with integrated GPS and a camera. The obvious choice is the 8310. However, I would like it use it with the Tmobile network.

What are the downfalls of using an unlocked 8310 on Tmobile? Will everything function correctly? (email, web, sms, etc.)

Thanks!
    12-10-07 10:28 AM
    ? Why do you need GPS? I love my TMO Curve. Google Maps works great and their new 2.0 version has "partial" GPS with it. It locates you (your phone) within 1500 meters of where you actually are. I guess I just have no problem navigating my way around town. I've just never needed a GPS system. Anyways, the TMO BlackBerry Unlimited Add-On is only $19.99. I think that's very very competitive w the other carriers, especially ATT.

Back to your ?, I don't know what problems might arise from an unlocked phone.
    12-10-07 10:41 AM
    I currently use the 8310 with At&t. I also use the navigation on it and it works fantastic, it is much better then mapquest or google maps. But the only down fall to having an unlocked phone is you have to make sure the settings are configured with your carrier. You can go to a local store or call and most likely they will configure it for you.
    12-10-07 10:47 AM
    You can use an 8310 on T-Mobile just fine once it is unlocked. The only issue you may run into is with tech support. They can help you through some basic issues, but anything major they won't do much for you. However, we are always here to do what we can.
    12-10-07 12:09 PM
    Hey guys I have a question i have a tmobile account on my unlocked curve 8310 did it my self kinda proud of me so of course next step is the data plan solution. I currently only have talk and text and dont want to pay the $30.00 bucks a month to use the browser. How can i get a way around that if i get the cheaper version will it work with my BB. Thanks, names Hector in the Bronx.
    01-25-10 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD