I ordered a blackberry from ebay (ordered several phones before with no issues) and I can't figure out what's going on. First, I had to figure out how to turn the radio back on as it was off when I got it. Now every time I click "camera" the phone shuts completely off and restarts! Tried two different batteries, on and off the charger, with and without microSD card. Any ideas?
    03-31-10 05:39 PM
    The two things you tried were the things I would have had you do (test while on a charger to rule out the battery and without the sd card to rule out a corrupted file/filesystem on the card).

The only thing left to try is to wipe the phone completely, OS and all using jl_cmndr and to reload an OS on it.

If I were you, I'd try and return it for a full refund or exchange.
    Last edited by xliderider; 03-31-10 at 06:24 PM.
    03-31-10 06:19 PM
    They did give me a refund and let me keep the phone (another reason entirely) but I just wish I could click the camera open without the phone turning off. Everything else works fine
    03-31-10 06:29 PM
    Well then, I guess a wipe and OS reload is in your future.
    03-31-10 07:46 PM
    Is it the camera or the right button? You could try setting a different function for the button and see what that does. If the phones free at this point you may as well experiment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD