Hi

I bought my son and 8310 from a "website" and it works perfectly. I have noticed that when he calls someone, on his display screen it shows the number he is calling plus his number AND another phone number next to his. I assume this is the number of the person I bought the phone from. Is there anyway to remove that other number? Thank you for time. Im sure this has been answered many times, I just couldn't find it.
    10-14-08 05:47 PM
    go to phone options-general options-set "show my number" to "no"
    10-14-08 06:38 PM
    go to phone options-general options-set "show my number" to "no"
    O.k, I tried that and it took it off of the screen that shows your recent calls, however, when he calls someone it is still showing his number plus the other guys number.....done a battery pull and still no luck.
    10-14-08 07:06 PM
    strange... number is on SIM card, not on the phone. try ATT, maybe it can be fixed by resetting your account. put different SIM and see what happens.
    10-14-08 07:11 PM
    Oh wow, now that you say that, youre right...hmmmm...Ok, thanks!
    10-14-08 07:14 PM
    Any time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-08 07:17 PM
    Now this is interesting - I have a similar problem - under own number it shows my phone number and straight after it the SIM number - I have tried everything and cannot remove the SIM number from "my number" it does not cause any problems - its just annoying to see it there all the time - ive got used to it now - I did try editing the number but it refuses to let me do that so have given up.
    10-15-08 07:27 AM
    Now this is interesting - I have a similar problem - under own number it shows my phone number and straight after it the SIM number - I have tried everything and cannot remove the SIM number from "my number" it does not cause any problems - its just annoying to see it there all the time - ive got used to it now - I did try editing the number but it refuses to let me do that so have given up.
    That is the same problem that my sons phone(8310) has. My 8300 doesn't do that. Very weird
    10-15-08 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD