I just bought a SanDisk micro SDHC 4GB card and when I stick it in my BB it tells me it is unrecognizable and may need to be formatted. I try to have the BB format it and of course if says 'failed'. I tried to have my PC and laptop read it both in the end won't work. When I called SanDisk, they told me that older computers can't read anything higher than 2GB. I guess what i'm getting at is, can I use a newer computer that reads cards over 2GB and have it format it and then use it in my BB? (I would just take it back, but sadly the CompUSA store I got it from today was having a Going Out of Business/liquidation sale and "All Sales are Final" lol. Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
    01-21-08 11:03 PM
    I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try, would it? Hopefully you'll get lucky and it'll work.
    01-21-08 11:31 PM
    Try this, Make sure the BB is powered on, remove the battery, wait a few minutes, put the memory card in, replace the battery, then format it in the BB.
    01-22-08 12:08 AM
    i have the same card in my 8310 and it works good i didnt have to formate it maaybe its the card that is bad
    01-22-08 12:13 AM
    update: I got the same exact card today at Best Buy and it worked fine right out of the box. Was a bad card after all. And of course I just returned the old one to BestBuy instead. Thanks for the quick reply's.
    01-22-08 11:43 AM
    I think, when anyone up Rom new from DM 4.3.1 for 8320, It's support Memory card to 8gb, and It enable install software to mem card.
    01-25-08 03:24 AM
    memory cards usually have a good rep. i have the same card wo a prob. try formatting on the BB and do the battery pull. maybe try battery pull start BB. pull battery again and put in sd card and reboot and try to format it on the BB
    01-25-08 08:55 AM
    i was under the impression that applications couldn't be installed to the micro sdhc; was i wrong?
    09-08-08 11:09 AM
    i was under the impression that applications couldn't be installed to the micro sdhc; was i wrong?
    No you were not. There is absolutely no way to run an app from
    the memory card on a BB. The one major shortcoming IMO.
    Well that and the fact that you can't backup to the card either.
    09-08-08 11:14 AM
    I just received a SDHC 8 gb card from ebay and it works perfectly in my 8330 Curve.
    09-08-08 05:07 PM
    I just got my 2g Sd card in the mail yesterday. I put it in my phone, turn it own and it does nothing. I went to options, media card and it says that there is no car. I took it out and tried again and it is not even showing that the card is there. Any suggestions?
    09-11-08 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD