Hi Everyone,

New to BB but technically savvy.

One of my users brought me he's 8310 with Looping Boot problem.

I couldnt connect to it via Loader, tired many times and followed all the instructions.

I was finally able to connect using CrackMem and wipe the unit.

I can now connect to the device with Loader and attempt to install software/os

After about 1 hour or more, the progress bar ends, with a Fatal error of [A:0000000xE]

Is this thing pooched? or do I still have a chance to recover?

I tried loader /jvm option same error.

and if I try that other jl_cmdr something commander tool it wont connect.

A lot of the instructions I've read also say make sure Desktop Manager is not running and how do I do that?

As soon as I run the loader, the Dekstop Manager pops up.

and in Loader it shows up as USB-PIN:Unknown
    04-10-09 05:45 AM
    Follow the link in my sig for reloading the OS on a nuked BB. Pay particular attention to this part:

Step #2: We need to connect the BlackBerry to the Computer via USB cable. But here's where the tricky part comes in with the Nuked BlackBerry. Do you see in the image above where it says COM1? What we want to do is plug in the BlackBerry, and when COM1 switches to say USB-PIN:UNKNOWN we immediately click Next. This catches the BlackBerry and takes it out of the constant reboot cycle and allows you to then reload the Operating System.

Tip: The USB-PIN:UNKNOWN option will display for a few seconds when the BlackBerry is first connected/flashing its LED in red. With a Nuked BlackBerry, That occurs when the device is in the initial start-up part of it's reboot sequence. The easiest way to get that to happen (vs. waiting for that step in the reboot sequence where you have a tenth of a second to hit Next before you lose your chance) is to simply pull the battery from the BlackBerry. With the battery pulled, connect the BlackBerry to the USB connector and as SOON as you see USB-PIN:UNKNOWN hit Next. You have to be quick still, but using this method you are in control of the timing. From there you can put the battery back in and battery cover back on (Make Sure you install the battery or else when the OS update is completing and the device disconnects from the computer to reboot, it will lose the power provided by the USB connection and you will get an error and have to do it all over again!).
    04-10-09 07:16 AM
    This part sounds bad... "After about 1 hour or more, the progress bar ends, with a Fatal error of [A:0000000xE]"

It sounds like something wrong with a memory address in the BB, so it might be a hardware problem.

Try wiping the BB again, and also remove the OS from your PC using Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs. Then download and install the OS file again, just in case there is something corrupted in the original OS you downloaded and installed to your PC.
    04-10-09 07:32 AM
    Try wiping the BB again
    Should I use CrackMEM to do that?
    04-10-09 02:19 PM
    Whatever works.

Also, what version of Desktop Manager are you using?
    04-10-09 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD