I have a Curve 8310 and i did the update on the blackberry website a few weeks ago (to version 4.5) and ive been having issues ever since. Mainly my issues deal with BBM and my Facebook applications.

My BBM conversations close whenever they feel like it, and even while im typing.

My Facebook has a little star next to the icon, but no longer across the top. Also when i go in to see what the notification is its all blank. It doesnt say anything.

The weirdest part about the whole thing is when i reset the phone everything works fine for the day, until the next morning. So for the last few weeks i have found myself taking the battery out of my phone every morning when i wake up to "make my phone OK for the day" and then go about my business. This is really annoying and i just want my blackberry to work well like it used to. Anyone know what the **** is happening or how i can fix it?

Thanks in advance.
    04-21-09 12:54 PM
    if this did not happen prior to the upgrade then i would say downgrade back to the previous o.s.

was the upgraded version specifically for your model/carrier or was it another where you had to delete the vendor x file or was it a beta?
    04-21-09 01:06 PM
    Thanks for the reply. How do i downgrade to the previous version?

I got it straight from the blackberry website and it does list my model (8310). This was the link to the page with the information and specs.

(guess i cant post likes yet) From the blackberry front page you go to software on the top and then click on blackberry device software on the left hand side.

I think what it did was back-up stuff on my computer, erase everything on my phone and completly reinstall everything. Im not too tech savvy with the blackberrys. Computers im fine with but im still new to the blackberry tech.

It took me about 4 hours to upgrade the thing on my computer so i want to be sure im doing the right thing before i invesnt another time consuming stretch here.

Thanks.
    04-21-09 01:20 PM
    Before you downgrade your OS check your File Free memory. Options > About. Or Alt, Shift H.

I suspect your File Free memory is low and it gets lower throughout the day causing the problems you are having and forcing the reboots, which incidentally frees up memory.

You need at least 12 XXX XXX bytes of memory.

Make sure you close your apps properly when you are done with them by pressing Menu, Close/Exit.

You can slso delete the log that comes up when you hold the Alt key then press LGLG. Delete old messages and emails. Don't hold on to hundreds of messages/emails, they will definitely take up your BB's memory.

Move all your pics, ringtones and videos to your memory card.

For more memory tips see the file free link in my sig.
    04-21-09 01:54 PM
    I checked my memory and it says:

File Free: 1710299 bytes
    File Total: 57278464 bytes

Does this mean im dangerously low on memory and could be causing this? I thought that i had my phone set to somehow purge e-mails and messages that were more than 4 days old or something like that. Is there a way i can check to make sure that is still happening? Or how do i turn that back on if it somehow turned off?

Thanks!
    04-21-09 03:41 PM
    As I suspected, you are very low on available memory.

Click on the File Free link in my sig for some tips on freeing up some memory for your BB.
    04-21-09 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD