In November I swapped my old 8700g for another of my brother's hand-me-downs, the 8310. With my old machine I had no issue charging either phone, nor did I have any issue connecting to BDM and running backups.

Last week I upgraded my computer to new hardware and did a clean install of Win7x64 Ultimate which is the same operating system I was using on my last machine.

Now I have the problem that my 8310 isn't recognized by Windows at all. When I connect the battery indicator briefly changes to reflect that the phone is charging, however after about 3 seconds it goes back to normal.

I've been doing 2 days of reading and testing to try to fix this issue covering the following:
    • Plugging directly into the tower rather than monitor
    • Installing, removing and the reinstalling BDM
    • Trying a previous USB/Modem driver
    • Testing 2 cables

Now I've found a way to recharge my battery, I just stick it in my old 8700 and connect it via USB which works just fine no matter where it's plugged in, whether monitor or tower.

But I can't backup my data this way.

I've seen a lot of posts but they mostly deal with fixing this problem on XP and Vista and don't want to risk installing drivers just because the link is there so please forgive me reviving an older topic but I haven't seen another post where on the same machine one phone works but the other doesn't.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful, even more so for a solution
    12-22-11 03:06 PM
    Bumping...
    12-30-11 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD