Just recently got a Media Card for ym blackberry 8310 and every time i start up the phone, it says that the media card isn't formatted. After updating and everything from this site, it still won't format. Help please! ><
    01-27-09 09:44 AM
    Just recently got a Media Card for ym blackberry 8310 and every time i start up the phone, it says that the media card isn't formatted. After updating and everything from this site, it still won't format. Help please! ><
    Welcome to Crackberry.

What size is your card? What make?

If it came with a USB adapter, can you format the card in your PC? If not, then I suspect the card. If yes, format it in the PC and then again on the phone.

You need it finally formatted in the phone so as the get the folder structire in place and phone formatting does that.
    01-27-09 10:46 AM
    It's a Sandisk 8GB and no, no usb adapter.
    01-27-09 12:08 PM
    Also, what OS are you on? You may need to upgrade your OS to recognize and use micro SDHC cards (> 4 GB).
    01-27-09 12:17 PM
    01-27-09 12:21 PM
    Yeah i updated and everything, unfortunately looks like it was ruined somehow. my dad tried to format it from his computer and it said it only had like 3 MB
    01-27-09 09:37 PM
    there is also a post on CB with the supported media card sizes and supporting OS diagram.
    01-27-09 09:46 PM
    there is also a post on CB with the supported media card sizes and supporting OS diagram.
    Already taken care of. Thanks.
    01-27-09 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD