i have an iphone which i swapped for an 8310 curve for the time being since my iphone crapped out on me, and my sister loaned me an 8310 which was in good condition (just cosmetic scratches)...it worked 100% fine with her when she had it

day 2 with the new phone and now whenever im typing a message, when i hit the "o" key, it displays the o (or +. 50/50 chance on that) and it also brings up a menu depending on what app i'm in

same goes with some of the other keys

when i press the back button, it will display lh every time (if i press back 3x i get lhlhlh)

nothing has been spilled on it nor has it been dropped...i upgraded to the latest firmware and all that stuff but this is happening 24+ hours after the update. i restored the software and now it shows 4.5.0.110 (not sure if this is the latest one still or the previous one that was on the phone)

in any case, i was starting to like the phone before it went beserk...i've done various soft resets/pulling the battery, etc... and its still doing it

thanks in advance
    06-28-09 03:12 AM
    .110 is the AT&T release OS i think. i upgraded my 8310 to .150 or .153, .163 appears to be the newest OS. as for the keyboard issue, i see many people that get the problem. you can try a battery pull or upgrading the OS again and see if it helps. if not, it may be a hardware issue.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...nguage-247389/
    06-28-09 03:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD