I have no idea what is going on. Just started out of no where. Everything will be fine and it will just shut off. I can't get it to come by on by holding the power button or BB's ctrl alt dlt feature. Have to due a battery pull to get it back on.

Anybody have this happen before? I've only installed on program before it started and I removed it because I didn't care for it. (Aerize(SP?) message pop up) but still does it.

Mathrin
    2454104f
    12-27-08 04:18 PM
    What other 3rd party apps do you have? Do you have Facebook?
    12-27-08 04:21 PM
    I've had it happen with my last phone a few times, and my hubby has had it happen during calls... I haven't done any research on it yet though, I know what thing that can do it is if the battery is bad, if you lay flat it on a table and it rock back an forth, you need a new battery, this happened to my moms phone(not a bb though)

And some apps can do this too..

:Lurks here to see what she can learn:
    12-27-08 04:22 PM
    I have bb messanger, google maps, google sync, acendo money, mets page link, nytimes page link, twitter, flikr, viigo, aim and yahoo messanger. I believe that is all.

I deleted facebook and myspace a couple of days ago because they never worked right.
    12-27-08 04:28 PM
    What is your free file?

Options>Status: Free file number

Has it done it since you deleted myspace and facebook?
    12-27-08 04:38 PM
    Don't leave your IM apps, like Yahoo open or online...
    12-27-08 04:40 PM
    It has done it since removing myspace and facebook. I have about 15 megs free.

I keep the I'm apps running all the time because I have friends that only contact me through those apps. Never been an issue in the last 6 months of have my Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 08:13 PM
    The auto on/off feature off?
    12-27-08 10:33 PM
    Negative. BB stays on at all times.

12-27-08 10:35 PM
    Though I haven't had the issue lately so we will see how tomorrow goes. May just be a batter issue. It is at a full charge now. Going to see if there is a charge percent where is happens more at or if it is imdependant of charge level.

12-27-08 10:37 PM
    Cut off with battery life a� 35%. Battery seems to be draining faster than usual.

Bad battery maybe?

12-28-08 09:47 AM
    You can tell sometimes if you take the battery and lay it on a flat surface, it will not lay flat, it will be "bowed" out...
    12-28-08 09:59 AM
    Well I didn't notice any kind of rocking on the battery but if you look at it closely, the center part of it looks a little thicker than the outer part. Going to try getting another battery and see if that fixes the issues. I would think the battery is good for more than 6 months though.

12-28-08 10:06 PM
    Problem was the battery. When I was using that pulls a lot of power like talking on the phone, the battery couldn't keep up and puke. That's why things like txt messaging would be fine.

ATT store gave me another battery for free since I haven't had my phone for a year and everything seems to doing simply wonderful again.

Thanks everybody for the advice and hopefully this will help others in the future.

01-04-09 06:45 PM
    been having the same problem for a couple weeks now (shuts off and won't turn back on without battery removal)...after the first few times it happened, I blew out the insides and keypad/buttons with dust remover and that seemed to do the trick...but then problem started happening again about a week later and seems to be getting worse. tried blowing everything out again but didn't help...
    I have had this phone for about a year and a half and have noticed the battery doesn't hold a charge like it used to...
    can't decide if I should spend money on a new battery or just get a whole new phone...
    just wondering if there is anyone else, besides Mathrin, that has also had this issue resolved by simply replacing the battery
    06-28-09 11:56 PM
    forgot to mention that after about 10 seconds into a phone call it would start getting a loud static noise in the background...
    anyway went to batteries plus today and bought a new battery...I went to the at&t store first but they didn't have the battery for my phone...and batt+ has 14 day return policy...

so far the new battery seems to have solved the problem
    06-30-09 12:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD