i just finally bought my Curve 8310 and i am having problems with it ONLY while talking on the phone. Texting, internet etc, all have no issues, the battery is fully charged, and I have good signal strength. It will reboot and of course hang up the call. I havent loaded any other software on the phone, i have only had it 3 days. I do have an ATIVA 1GB microSD card in it. It is getting really annoying. Will the phone work without the microSD card in it? I have read some post about the memory card causing this issue. I hate to take the phone back and i would really like to resolve this issue.
    10-03-08 06:56 AM
    The memory card should't have anything to do with it. Yeah you can take it out, but I would return it. You should not be having this issue.
    10-03-08 06:59 AM
    I would try removing the Media Card. It just may be causing problems http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/os-...ia-card-43159/ relates to a newer OS than you are running but it may helo you understand the problem.

Next, go to Options, Status and note the FIle Free number. This is in bytes so divide by a million to get Mb. With less than 12Mb, the phone does not work well. With less than 5.5Mb you are in real trouble.

Pulling the battery out will reset the memory and this needs to be done about once a week.

There is almost certainly a load of junk installed on your phone by your carrier and a lot of this can be removed.

Go to Options, Advanced Options, Applications and scroll down to the BlackBerry Sample Video, press Menu and select Delete. This will free up about 2 - 2.5Mb of much needed memory.

If your probelms continue after that, return it and insist on a replacement.
    10-03-08 07:09 AM
    I believe that within the first 30 days you can take ut back to where you got it and get a new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-08 07:18 AM
    I removed the memory card and used it for a day.(yesterday) The battery didnt drain at all for the entire day. With the memory card, the battery drained down to one bar in less than a day. The phone was in the same place both days, sitting on my desk at work. I thought all was well, then this morning while on an important business call, boom.....reboot. Not once but twice. The last time i tried to use the phone to make a call, i put the call on speaker so i could watch the display and see what happens. My phone lost the network (ATT) and dropped the call searching for the network. It didnt turn off but i did get the hourglass and then a few minutes later it powered back up. I guess maybe i got a bad phone, so i'm taking it back today. I'll give the same phone another chance, but after that i'll get a differant one.
    10-04-08 08:06 AM
    I took it back today. Salesgirl said it was a known issue and that the phone was defective. The salesgirl had the same issue with hers. They exchanged it and reprogrammed it on the spot, no questions asked. All seems to be good so far. Its also ALOT, I repeat ALOT faster loading web pages. Havent tried GPS yet, which was soooooooooooooo slow to even open, that i couldnt even use it.
    10-04-08 05:35 PM
    All,

I'm new to using the forums for posting comments/question so I ask forgiveness earlyfor any lack of "posting" etiquette that I may have.

I'm experiencing the same problem as mlbuxbaum. I have a BB Curve 8300 that I bought over a year ago. I loaded the OS 4.5 which I ADORE, but ever since, my calls get dropped and the bb reboots. I can only be on the phone for 15 - 20 seconds at a time now! It's quite annoying. I haven't tried removing the media card yet because I actually use it to listen to music on a regular basis. Since I'm past the warranty period, I can't get another phone until my upgrade point in Feb 2009 (trying to save a few pennies, if possible, and holding out for the Bold).

Does anyone have any suggestions? My last recourse is to go back to the AT&T OS that isn't nearly as robust as 4.5. I'm quite distressed. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    10-04-08 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD