Hello all,

I'm new to the BB world, and I have found this website to be incredibly helpful so far in learning about my BB, but I've run into some problems I can't seem to fix. A quick back ground

I'm a TMO customer, my dad upgraded and gave me his at&t 8310. I unlocked it dropped my sim in and everything was ok. I could send/receive calls and texts and could browse around on the internet. I can not set up my email, or access the network on apps like facebook and twitter. I've reset the tcp options to wap.voicestream.com and done a battery pull and no luck. when i go to bis.tmobile.com and put in my pin and imei, i continually get error messages. are there settings in the phone i need to fiddle with, or is it something i need to call tmo and have them do on their end? Thank you all in advance for any help you can provide.
    10-27-09 03:29 PM
    Hello all,

I'm new to the BB world, and I have found this website to be incredibly helpful so far in learning about my BB, but I've run into some problems I can't seem to fix. A quick back ground

I'm a TMO customer, my dad upgraded and gave me his at&t 8310. I unlocked it dropped my sim in and everything was ok. I could send/receive calls and texts and could browse around on the internet. I can not set up my email, or access the network on apps like facebook and twitter. I've reset the tcp options to wap.voicestream.com and done a battery pull and no luck. when i go to bis.tmobile.com and put in my pin and imei, i continually get error messages. are there settings in the phone i need to fiddle with, or is it something i need to call tmo and have them do on their end? Thank you all in advance for any help you can provide.
    Call TMO and see if you have a BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN on your account.. you have to have this type of plan for it..
    10-27-09 03:37 PM
    I do, that was the first thing I did after I unlocked it.
    10-27-09 03:39 PM
    What error messages are you getting on the BIS site..
    10-27-09 03:43 PM
    Is it possible your father did not release his info. That would prevent you from
    setting up your own. That is, if the PIN and IMEI are still registered to an AT&T
    account.
    10-27-09 03:50 PM
    Is it possible your father did not release his info. That would prevent you from
    setting up your own. That is, if the PIN and IMEI are still registered to an AT&T
    account.
    and thats where i was going lol

But wouldnt apps work though... just not email?
    10-27-09 03:52 PM
    The error message says "We apologize, there was an error trying to access the service. Please click here to try again." The click here brings be back to the tmo homepage. I thought about my dad not releasing his info, since he is a bit of a technophobe and prefers point and click and plug and play (which is why he gave his BB to me) but when he called the at&t customer service line, the rep didn't seem to know much of what he was talking about. That being the case, is there someone other than the general customer service rep I need to be in contact with at at&t?
    10-27-09 04:03 PM
    Find his internet email settings icon.. does he have his email there listed?
    10-27-09 04:09 PM
    there isnt an email icon anywhere on the phone. and when i choose compose an email in the messages app it says No message services configured, you will only be able to save draft.
    10-27-09 04:16 PM
    I don't know how it did it, but everything works now. I dropped my dads sim back in to check and see if his email options would reload in the phone. Nothing showed up, so I took his back out and dropped my sim back in. When the bb powered up, the set up internet email icon appeared out of no where, and I was able to set up my BB email through tmo, and my facebook app works. Thanks to everyone for their input.
    10-27-09 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD