Hey all, I have my old AT&T Curve 8310 that has been sitting since I got my new Bold 9700. My wife finally decided she wanted to give Blackberry a shot so I charged it up overnight and popped in her SIM card and it went through the long white screen/hour glass boot up and started like it doesn't have a SIM card in. No AT&T message, no signal. I can go through all the menus and all but nothing else. I put the SIM card back in her old phone and all works fine. Any ideas???? Thanks for any help.
    05-27-10 05:58 AM
    Have you tried it once again?
    I fear that it may be...
    Water damage.

Blackberry is weak against the elements.

Try once again.
    And make she shr has a data plan.

Then make sure your internet is turned on.
    Then make sure the default service is set to AT&T

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 08:51 AM
    I will check it again when I go to lunch. I don't think it is water damage as I was using it till the day I got my new one and it went into my dresswer drawer.
    05-27-10 09:20 AM
    did you "wipe" before putting in "her" sym?
    05-27-10 10:17 AM
    I did not do a wipe before putting her SIM in it. I was going to try that this afternoon. Does it make a difference? Thanks for the help.
    05-27-10 10:49 AM
    Is the AT&T sim out of a pay as you go? If so there is a "little" issue were AT&T locks the sim to the orginal gophone if it been activated 8 months or less.

Even if you don't have a data plan on the sim, it should at least let you make voice calls and txt messages.....
    05-27-10 11:05 AM
    Did the Wiper Handheld at lunch, put in her SIM card and it went through the Setup Wizard and all is now good. Thanks for the help and suggestions all.
    05-27-10 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD