Hey guys, I was told this forum had THE most users so I thought id post it here!

I have around 7 of these 8310's in a drawer some have issues some work fine, others..... more issues.

So what I want to do is convert them into a desktop clock plugged into a wall and I have two requirements

1) The screen must not shut off, I have found an application that kinda works although I might need some help as to why it does not, but its called BBLight... The screen stays on for 10 seconds then kinda dims a sec then the software catches up and its bright again. It does this forever.

2) A really nice looking full screen clock analog/digital with a couple faces, if someone could post some links to some freeware stuff id love to try it, or a link to the cod files if thats legal

as another idea, I'm wondering if there's a weather application to poll a connection via bluetooth paired to a computer? if not it was just an idea...... something similar to that of windows 7s sidebar.

Anyway or any other hacks I can ruin these phones with, or some alternate firmware for it... It would be neat if there was a way to get these working without sim cards.. I also have a pearl that might turn into a clock too...

I understand this is a weird request/idea but I don't have a single bit of use for these phones as I have a 8900 now.

Thanks!
    10-04-11 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD