Hey,
    I'm trying to help my friend with an 8310, I believe he has 4.5.0.59 (or close to that), his "desktop" of the phone shows no programs, its an exact empty theme. No matter what I hit, its always a clear screen. If he gets an email he can open it and reply to it, same with phone calls and bbm's, but we cant see any programs.
    I went on to the computer to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe and attempted to reload the software, only after it found the BlackBerry (when I selected it was USB and it had the pin filled in), it showed the blackberry had no programs on it. I had the option to add programs, but I didnt have the programs to add, and it wouldn't let me skip the step without adding programs.

Can someone please assist me in doing a 100% clean wipe? I know you can go to Options -> Security -> wipe on the phone.... but that isnt working for me. (because I cant open any menu's)

Anyhelp would be great!

Thanks,
    bugmenot2
    11-06-08 04:29 PM
    Are you sure the icons aren't hidden? From the apps home screen press menu and show all should be checked.
    11-06-08 04:44 PM
    Search the forums for JL_Cmdr or something of that nature......and you will be able to wipe it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 04:45 PM
    Are you sure the icons aren't hidden? From the apps home screen press menu and show all should be checked.
    Positive, I cant even get to the menu, and BM finds no programs on the device
    11-06-08 04:50 PM
    Did he download a new theme? I've seen themes that hide all icons.
    11-06-08 04:50 PM
    Did he download a new theme? I've seen themes that hide all icons.
    Actually thats what he said did it, he put a new theme on it. Can we change the theme via the computer? Also, he has a password on the phone.. and we can enter it fine. If we enter it wrong 10 times, doesnt it wipe it?
    11-06-08 04:55 PM
    Yes, it will wipe the device. Let me get this straight, you can enter the password into the device but then it goes to a black screen? Is there a wallpaper and clock or just black screen?
    11-06-08 04:59 PM
    Yes, it will wipe the device. Let me get this straight, you can enter the password into the device but then it goes to a black screen? Is there a wallpaper and clock or just black screen?
    After I enter the password, it takes me to the screen with the clock etc. I can see the wallpaper and the 5 or 6 buttons squeezed against the left of the screen. Within the on the last button there is an icon (which usually brings up more programs), but when hit, the screen hides the 5 or 6 buttons completely. The other buttons have nothing in them, just a border, with a little opacity to you can see the wall paper beneath the button. [There are no icons in the other 4 or 5 buttons]
    11-06-08 05:04 PM
    When you select the bottom icon on the zen bar (5 icons down the left side) which should be your applications icon > which brings up the blank screen > do you have anything across the bottom of the screen when you trackball around? (I'm looking for it to say messages, browser, etc as it does when you scroll past them) Or while in the blank screen, do you get anything by pressing the menu button?
    11-06-08 05:12 PM
    When you select the bottom icon on the zen bar (5 icons down the left side) which should be your applications icon > which brings up the blank screen > do you have anything across the bottom of the screen when you trackball around? (I'm looking for it to say messages, browser, etc as it does when you scroll past them) Or while in the blank screen, do you get anything by pressing the menu button?
    Nope, nothing happens!
    11-06-08 05:21 PM
    11-06-08 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD