Hi all-

I have been searching for a black faceplate for my Curve, and all I can seem to find are snap-on covers for the curve. I saw that another forum user made his Curve black with some sort of vinyl material but I'm really looking for a solution that is as close to OEM as possible (i.e. you unscrew the BB and literally put on the new, black faceplate and battery cover). Has anyone had any luck finding such a cover? I found the crimson cover on cnn.cn but I was really hoping for black because I think it would be such a cool color!

Thanks for any help you have to give!
    03-31-08 08:55 PM
    Mmmm, I'm not sure where you can find what you're looking for but if you really want your Curve in glossy black - you can try ColorWare.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-08 09:34 PM
    ha ha your talking about my BB I love it in black now all I'm waiting for is the black keyboard.
    03-31-08 09:39 PM
    I'll eventually find one on ebay
    03-31-08 09:50 PM
    and if colorware isn't your thing then you could always paint it yourself. there have been a few members on the forums that have done the same thing, try a search.
    03-31-08 09:55 PM
    Their are no Glossy Black OEM, the closest you may find is an 8330 flat black one (which technically should fit any of the curve series) ..once it's released of course...

03-31-08 09:58 PM
    the 8330 parts do not fit the other 83xx parts.
    the crimson curve has both a black lens and black keyboard which do fit the 8300/10/20
    05-05-08 07:51 PM
    Do what I did.. Buy a titanium face/door from ebay and paint it with automotive paint..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-08 08:01 PM
    I have been searching for a black faceplate for my Curve, and all I can seem to find are snap-on covers for the curve. I saw that another forum user made his Curve black with some sort of vinyl material but I'm really looking for a solution that is as close to OEM as possible (i.e. you unscrew the BB and literally put on the new, black faceplate and battery cover). Has anyone had any luck finding such a cover? I found the crimson cover on cnn.cn but I was really hoping for black because I think it would be such a cool color!
    Ditto.

A rich black full faceplate would really rock.
    05-05-08 08:06 PM
    the 8330 parts do not fit the other 83xx parts.
    the crimson curve has both a black lens and black keyboard which do fit the 8300/10/20
    I'd LOVE a black faceplate but I'd never in a million years consider switching to Sprint to get it. Yuck.
    05-05-08 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD