I've had the 8310 for a while and just recently got the full media package from AT&T. When I send and email to myself on the computer, it goes to my webmail immediately, but since I linked my blackberry to my cox.net email, it takes from 5-15 minutes for emails to go through to my phone. Any ideas? I spent 90 minutes with AT&T this morning trying to figure it out...
    05-30-10 02:06 PM
    Working as designed. That's how POP email pushes to BlackBerry.
    05-30-10 02:22 PM
    It's supposed to take up to 15 minutes from the time someone sends an email, to the time it gets to my phone? That doesn't sound right... If it is, is there a way I can get it to fetch them quicker, like if someone says, "Hey, I just emailed you this weeks winning lottery numbers, get your ticket before the drawing!" and I just need to check real fast?
    05-31-10 04:26 PM
    Yes. That's how email pushes to the BlackBerry device with POP3 emails. It's not instant. Your cox.net email is a POP3 email.

The @carrier.blackberry.net email, Yahoo mail, GMail, Hotmail, and maybe AOL mail push nearly instantly.

This is approximately how it works for POP3 email.

The server checks for new messages.
    If it finds them, it pushes them to the device.
    Then it checks again in 2-3 minutes.
    If it finds new messages, it pushes them to the device.
    If it doesn't find new messages, it checks again in 15 minutes and the cycle starts over.

You cannot "get it to fetch them quicker". If you need instant push, consider using a different email address.
    05-31-10 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD