CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 8310 curve will not turn on

Please please can someone help me. I was about to put an application on my bb but when i plugged it in to the usb and then to my phone but as soon as i plugged it in the phone went completely dead and hasnt turned on since. There is just nothing there at all no blinking red lights nothing. I have read quite a few of your posts already but they dont work because there is just no power there for me to connect to the desktop an then reinstall the os. I have checked the battery with a new one still nothing. Please can someone help, ill be eternally greatful
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,226 Global Posts

I believe there are instructions in this lecture to connect to a BB without a battery being in it.

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

If not try this one...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I have read these articles before.The trouble is i have no power what soever so it wont register when it comes to connecting it to the computer via the usb cable
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ask me

You have stated that you read them but have you actually tried the steps in those threads. Those two threads are the best way to try and recover your bb. Try the steps and see what happens. Let us know how it goes.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,226 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas1807 View Post
    I have read these articles before.The trouble is i have no power what soever so it wont register when it comes to connecting it to the computer via the usb cable
    Sounds like your BB's USB port is bad.

Have you tried any other USB ports on your PC?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

i have tried how it says how to do it but as soon as i get to the bit where it tries and connects it just wont as there is no power not even a red light. I have tried 3 different usb cables and all 3 of the different ports i have on my laptop.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,226 Global Posts

I would get a replacement.
    Something is definitely wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default cannot get com1 port to show anything

I've been trying and trying this and I know this thread is ancient so not sure anyone will even answer me.
    I have a bb 8310 that I had put away because I had a new phone. I did not turn it off but the battery was pretty
    much dead and so I just let it drain. I went to get it today and it was totally dead dead dead.
    I charged the battery for a long time and still nothing.
    I installed everything that I read to install and when I go to plug it in nothing shows up in come com1 port.
    Nothing. My phone wont even "beep" when I plug it in to acknowledge it has been connected.
    I tried a totally new battery too and nothing again.
    I cant imagine what happened to it just sitting in a drawer.
    I dont know why it wont even register to my computer.
    I've tried a few different usb cables as well.
    Is it possible it is just fried out and nothing is left in there?