View Poll Results: Would You Want This Feature?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely! I would be a Beta Tester!

35 62.50%
  • Sounds Cool, I would use it.

12 21.43%
  • I would play with it but no need.

7 12.50%
  • NO, Useless!

2 3.57%
    Does anyone know how the camera talks to the device? Is it on the USB-bus or a sepparate connection?

I am curious if it would be possible to write an application that would allow you to share the camera over USB so you could use your phone as a webcam while on the road. The 2mp camera would look great for skype video calls/conferences and save some precious space in my bag.

Thanks in advance for your input!!
    01-16-08 10:55 PM
    I heard that the iPhone is able to do this. So I guess it wouldn't be impossible.
    01-17-08 01:06 AM
    Yea that would be cool to do..
    01-17-08 02:25 AM
    It would help me when I'm at work and want to chat with my girl!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-08 03:39 AM
    Don't applications like Skype use some form of Flash video? If that were supported it would also be possible to use sites like Flixn.com | Video Everywhere from the BB, which would be pretty amazing.
    01-17-08 07:35 AM
    but it is not possible with the current OS of the 83xx, not untile 4.3 comes out and supports video. Would be cool, but don't you think it would hog all the resources.
    Sometimes a BlackBerry needs to be BlackBerry and forget all the menial extras, lol
    01-17-08 08:50 AM
    I am more curious if it is even possible from the hardware side of things. Does anyone have any "insider" information. If it had to use a piece of software to translate and send it to the computer it would be a no-go. If on the other hand, it could just be "grabbed" over usb leaving the OS alone I would imagine RIM could just add an option when you plug it in to select "share camera" which would be relatively painless.
    01-17-08 06:10 PM
    Mobiola already has made a program. It'd be nice if there was a free one or one that seem to work better. the mobiola one seems to freeze up. they have it for download on bb and one for the pc so they can connect
    03-03-08 10:04 PM
    I have a MacBook Pro. It comes with an iSight camera built in. Most Mac's have this feature so for me, I wouldn't need to use my curve as a web cam. Mac's Rule
    03-03-08 10:32 PM
    This gave me an idea so i went serching around and found a program for my q9c that lets me use it as a cam, even wirelessly over bluetooth or wifi, its great, resolution up to 1280 x 1024, response time is almost instant too. I really hope that someone can make this possible for a blackberry! free apps are nice.... ( hint hint)

oh ps, my first post, ive been lurking FOREVER. Hello CB community!
    08-17-08 01:04 PM
    I don't really see the need for this. Most laptops have built in webcams these days.
    08-17-08 01:09 PM
    Mobiola Web Camera: phone as webcam :: WARELEX

Already been done...and was already mentioned in the post lol!
    10-23-08 11:10 PM
    how would you prop it up???
    10-24-08 12:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD