Who else is fed up with RIM's promise of OS 4.5? When is it finally coming? Didn't we all hear that by last year we'd have something? Then mid-April? Now it's May 1st. And we still have nothing. Too many unkept promises if you ask me... What's your opinion?
    05-01-08 01:48 PM
    My opinion is it pays to be patient.

I rather get a perfectly tuned OS then one that was rushed to the scene to satisfy people like you, and then have my BB ****ed up.
    05-01-08 01:52 PM
    I will take the delay as long as it is stable. If i wanted something that crashed all the time I woulda bought a WM.
    05-01-08 01:52 PM
    The latest betas have been pretty stable.. 4.5 had alot of issues until mid April. I think you will see it soon..
    Alot of mass testing must be put into the final release...
    05-01-08 01:53 PM
    I echo the replies said so far. I don't think RIM ever promised an actual release date for the update.
    05-01-08 02:01 PM
    blah...blah...blah...
    you guys have been brainwashed, into thinking that.
    just to be on the safe side then RIM should state "the perfected 4.5 OS will be provided for download beginning of mid-quarter 2009".
    05-01-08 02:03 PM
    yep i dont think i ever heard anything officially from RIM, also as much as I am impatiently waiting for 4.5, my berry is working perfect, couldn't ever use another phone!
    05-01-08 02:03 PM
    We all want this OS to come out but we want it to be flawless to some extent. Just be patient and it will be here.
    05-01-08 02:04 PM
    I echo the replies said so far. I don't think RIM ever promised an actual release date for the update.
    you never saw an official release date from rim just speculations and "insider information" and none of that has worked out, i think its smart on RIMs part to wait and release it stable unlike microsoft with everything they release especially vista lol
    05-01-08 02:04 PM
    my opinion is... theres entirely too many threads moaning about os 4.5. seriously.. use the search function of the forum, and post to one of the already hundreds of threads started.
    i think a mod should just merge every single one of these 4.5 threads into one.. making the thread so horribly long with so many pages that people wont want to post to it, there by ending the discussion about it.

it will come when it comes, RIM has made no promises, and untill then our bb's function just fine with out it.
    05-01-08 04:44 PM
    Boomerbsg, everything you said was spot on.
    Like everyone else I'd love the features that 4.5 adds but I'd like RIM to take their time and get it right.
    05-01-08 04:48 PM
    My opinion is it pays to be patient.

I rather get a perfectly tuned OS then one that was rushed to the scene to satisfy people like you, and then have my BB ****ed up.
    I agree I want a finished product without all the d88n memory leaks.
    05-01-08 05:27 PM
    To me its more important that my curve works without problems. My work requires 24/7 availability. Thats why I left Palm 5 years ago (on my 4th bb).

As much as I'd like to have 4.5 and all the goodies that are said to come with it, it's too **** important that my bb is there for email, phone, calendar, wifi, etc. etc.

If you want to see what its like to have a less than bullit proof OS, try a Treo. It's sooooo much fun to reboot numerious times a day!

Thank you RIM for NOT caving to the demands/requests of some and taking the easy way giving us a buggy OS.
    05-01-08 05:27 PM
    To me its more important that my curve works without problems. My work requires 24/7 availability. Thats why I left Palm 5 years ago (on my 4th bb).

As much as I'd like to have 4.5 and all the goodies that are said to come with it, it's too **** important that my bb is there for email, phone, calendar, wifi, etc. etc.

If you want to see what its like to have a less than bullit proof OS, try a Treo. It's sooooo much fun to reboot numerious times a day!

Thank you RIM for NOT caving to the demands/requests of some and taking the easy way giving us a buggy OS.
    I love my curve, but you gotta give Palm Treo credit were due. My 3 yr old Treo had video record/playback and literally thousands of 3rd party apps. Some really great, and some really bad. But we had a choice. Just try to find apps as good as Datebk and TakePhone for the BlackBerry.

Treos had a reputation of freezing because people had access to so many 3rd party apps that were poorly written.
    05-01-08 05:48 PM
    all i have to say is see: Microsoft Windows/Vista family...

i'd rather have something i dont have to worry about having thousands of gaps in the coding and such.

And honestly, im fine with my 4.2 no problems (knock on wood), yeah video recording sounds sweet...but i dont see myself video taping my life that much, and if i do, ill buy a video camera. Just my two cents.
    05-01-08 08:17 PM
    Who says 4.5 will fix the memory leakage. RIM has had more than enough time to fix the memory leakage and hasn't. I don't think it's as simple as OS 4.5. After all this is not RIM's first phone.
    About the Treo, I don't understand how so many of you have had so many issues with your Treos. I had the 600 and the 650 and never had any issues. Any reboots were as Shadysprings said due to all the 3rd party apps available out there. It was as simple as uninstalling the unstable app. I still have my Treo650 and if it wasn't because I mistakenly placed it in a Bailey's and Amaretto drink while driving it would have still been in use

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-08 09:32 PM
    4.5 doesn't fix memory leak issues.
    And there is no blender.
    05-01-08 09:51 PM
    RIM never even stated of a 4.5 was even going to exist, hence even a release date. Heck when the final version comes out, it can be 4.6 for all we know.

The issue comes in due to the fact of blogs/rss feeds stating leaks of release dates. There release date could be set for 2010.
    05-01-08 11:45 PM
    my opinion is... theres entirely too many threads moaning about os 4.5. seriously.. use the search function of the forum, and post to one of the already hundreds of threads started.
    i think a mod should just merge every single one of these 4.5 threads into one.. making the thread so horribly long with so many pages that people wont want to post to it, there by ending the discussion about it.

it will come when it comes, RIM has made no promises, and untill then our bb's function just fine with out it.

And how about the addition of this - if you start a thread to moan about no OS 4.5, and ask opinions, don't blah blah blah to dismiss them because they happen to not agree with you.
    05-02-08 12:29 AM
    agree with you there reeneebob. tbh i dont know what to think of this poster. his first two posts on the forum where okay. his last 3 however have been boorish and at the least childish.

thats okay though.. at least this forum has an ignore list
    05-02-08 12:38 AM
    Funny. In other words, don't solicit opinions if you won't except the responses. lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-08 12:39 AM
    Exactly. *gigglesnort*

I have noticed this a bit in the last few days - alot of newer posters (sorry about that as one myself!) have been...shall we say "childish".

However, thankfully I am from the long storied history of the Duran Duran fan forums, where believe me you haven't even BEGUN to see scary, delusional, childish and stupid until you see those boards. I can handle it! LOL.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 05-02-08 at 01:00 AM.
    05-02-08 12:58 AM
    Seems like I live and die by my Curve and I dont want anything corrupting I can wait. Actually wait a week or two after the release just to hear from you guys how its working just to make sure.
    05-02-08 01:04 AM
    True, I never trust a first release of ANYTHING. One too many Windows OS lessons learned. Wait for SP2. Rinse. Repeat.
    05-02-08 01:06 AM
    Exactly. *gigglesnort*

I have noticed this a bit in the last few days - alot of newer posters (sorry about that as one myself!) have been...shall we say "childish".

However, thankfully I am from the long storied history of the Duran Duran fan forums, where believe me you haven't even BEGUN to see scary, delusional, childish and stupid until you see those boards. I can handle it! LOL.
    lol i so know where your coming from.
    when i was in school, there was a girl so hooked on duron duron, she actually used lebon as her last name on all her papers and tests.. silly to say the least
    05-02-08 02:33 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD