OK so I have been having MMs problems with my 8300 for about a month or so now. I have called ATT, (waist of time), and pulled the battery. Basiclly when I try to send a MMS to people in my phone book it will just pop up with a little red X by the messege. If I type in a number that is not in my phone book it does not have a problem. I have tried to type in a number that is in my phone book and this does not work. I have even deleted a contact from my phone book and put them back in and this does not work. Another problem this is not 100% of the time, sometimes I can sneek a pic by and it will send. But ths is not very often. My version is 4.2.2.89. Any help and or ideas would be great, Thank you.
    04-12-09 09:58 PM
    OK so I have been having MMs problems with my 8300 for about a month or so now. I have called ATT, (waist of time), and pulled the battery. Basiclly when I try to send a MMS to people in my phone book it will just pop up with a little red X by the messege. If I type in a number that is not in my phone book it does not have a problem. I have tried to type in a number that is in my phone book and this does not work. I have even deleted a contact from my phone book and put them back in and this does not work. Another problem this is not 100% of the time, sometimes I can sneek a pic by and it will send. But ths is not very often. My version is 4.2.2.89. Any help and or ideas would be great, Thank you.
    I had that problem with an AT&T phone before. I called them and they found out that they had my MMS disabled. They have to enable it. Th epeople you talked to might have not checked if it was enabled or disabled. I think there is a newer version of software than that isn't there? I have the 8330 though so I don't know about yours.

You said sometimes it will work so that leads me to think sometimes you aren't where it has internet service? You can have phone service and it won't send an MMS message. You have to be in the internet range.
    04-12-09 10:27 PM
    I have tested my internet service when I cant send a pic and it always works. I can also recieve pics with no problem. I have talked to 2 different techs from ATT and they said everything is good on my plan.
    04-12-09 10:41 PM
    I have tested my internet service when I cant send a pic and it always works. I can also recieve pics with no problem. I have talked to 2 different techs from ATT and they said everything is good on my plan.
    Did you see if that is the newest OS software available? I'm using 4.5.0.77. You can go to At&t.com and find the blackberry updates. Or go to blackberry.com and pick your carrier and it'll link you to the exact page it's on, on At&t's site.
    04-12-09 10:45 PM
    I've an 8300 and have upgraded to 4.5.0.124 and all running smoothly. Maybe it would work more smoothly with an upgrade???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 03:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD