I have this stupid issue with my Gmail account and my blackberry. I get a 700 SMS (text message) from gmail every time I receive a new email.

What happens exactly:

1. I receive an email to my gmail account and the email is pushed ot my BB Curve
    2. A few minutes later I receive a text message to my BB phone from the sender number "700" with the following information:

==========================
    F: [email protected]
    S: Subjectt

Sent to: [email protected]

ID: 123456789:1
    ==========================

So, how can I solve this issue? I surfed the web and these forums and did not find an answer for that. There are some topics here on CrackBerry.com but they all lead to the following "solution" --> Create email filters. But this won't work because this is a SMS and not an email that I am receiving.

A SMS filter for sender 700 would be nice but this is at least from my point of view not possible, right?

So, any other ideas? Help would be really appreciated.

Thanks guys!
    09-04-08 02:47 PM
    i went into Gmail and set up to forward a copy to my BB. this works the best for me just if i reply to an email they see my BB email not the gmail
    09-04-08 02:54 PM
    So you mean, you did not set up an email account on your BB? You are just forwarding incoming emails form gmail.com to your BB? But how does your BB knows that he has to fetch an email form gmail if you did not set up the account?

Thanks!
    09-04-08 02:59 PM
    He's forwarding the gmail messages to his blackberry address. That pushes the gmail through to his phone.
    09-04-08 03:09 PM
    09-04-08 04:21 PM
    Here's the fix to the OP's issue.

Receiving an SMS for every email
    07-24-09 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD