So I'm running 5.0 on my 8330, and the only real issue I have is that my media stuff is all messed up. Everythings been seperated into different sections, one for videos, pictures and ringtones. But I don't have an app or shortcut to music. Does anyone know how to get the music shortcut back or to make it one icon for all my media?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 07:47 PM
    i have a music player button in the media folder.
    09-29-09 07:56 PM
    Well thanks for sharing, but I don't even have a media folder. I can't find an options with in setting or anything for media.

09-29-09 08:01 PM
    make sure its not hidden.... menu key > show all also highlight a icon and select move to folder. make sure there is a media folder.
    09-29-09 08:04 PM
    Like I said I don't have a media folder. the show all option has been checked since I updated so there hasn't been anything hidden.

09-29-09 08:09 PM
    okay, i take it u checked the folder and it wasnt there either?
    09-29-09 08:10 PM
    I have the same issue --- I do however have a "Files" folder, but that only allows me to play one song at a time, it doesn't have the artist's folders, etc.
    09-29-09 08:13 PM
    I don't have any folders other than my saved messages. So no.

09-29-09 08:18 PM
    Was your media on a card? If so, I'd try enabling mass storage and then hooking up to a PC or using a card reader and see if there is any media there still.
    09-29-09 08:20 PM
    you dont even have docs 2 go on the phone?
    09-29-09 08:23 PM
    Media is still there as it is on my phone under "files", I just have no way to play it on the media player all at once (with the artist folders). Only way to play it is to locate the song in Files (media/blackberry/music) and play them one at a time.
    09-29-09 08:48 PM
    I have the same issue --- I do however have a "Files" folder, but that only allows me to play one song at a time, it doesn't have the artist's folders, etc.
    Yes this is the only way I can too.
    Was your media on a card? If so, I'd try enabling mass storage and then hooking up to a PC or using a card reader and see if there is any media there still.
    The media is still there because I can access it through the Files system.
    you dont even have docs 2 go on the phone?
    I do but there isnt a folder if thats what your getting at.
    09-29-09 08:50 PM
    I wonder if reformatting the card would create the missing folders? Might be worth a shot to move the media off the card onto the PC, then reformat and return the media back to the card afterward. Just a thought unless other options start dropping from the sky.
    09-29-09 09:11 PM
    the folders on the card have nothing to do with the folders in media so reformating it probably wouldnt do any good.
    09-29-09 09:13 PM
    I wonder if reformatting the card would create the missing folders? Might be worth a shot to move the media off the card onto the PC, then reformat and return the media back to the card afterward. Just a thought unless other options start dropping from the sky.
    Worth a try
    09-29-09 09:20 PM
    this is what my screen looks like when pressing the menu key from the icon screen

what about yours?
    09-29-09 09:20 PM
    Yes this is the only way I can too.

The media is still there because I can access it through the Files system.

I do but there isnt a folder if thats what your getting at.

you dont have a documents to go folder? at all? then somethings up with the install.
    09-29-09 09:22 PM
    i don't have a media folder, and i'm missing the music icon. it's no biggie though
    09-29-09 09:40 PM
    you dont have a documents to go folder? at all? then somethings up with the install.
    No folders at all. NONE. I did create a media folder, but I have none at all. Formatting my memory card didnt help. SO shall I reinstall the firmware then and see if that works? And if it doesn't, Ill just go to a stable one.
    09-29-09 09:47 PM
    No folders at all. NONE. I did create a media folder, but I have none at all. Formatting my memory card didnt help. SO shall I reinstall the firmware then and see if that works? And if it doesn't, Ill just go to a stable one.
    yeah, i would, thats one problem i have never had.
    09-29-09 09:56 PM
    When connecting to Desktop Manager are there any unchecked apps that might not have carried over on the install?
    09-29-09 09:56 PM
    There was blackberry App center and Im about to install that and see what it is.
    09-29-09 10:28 PM
    Solved my problem --- seems to be a theme issue. Went back to the original theme and the media folder was there.
    09-29-09 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD