Hi everyone

I just received my very first BB last Thursday the 21st, and I have to say I'm already in love with it! The only concern I have is that I just checked my data usage, and according to the Verizon site, I've already used 40 mb since getting the phone...40 mb in approximately 5 days? Does that sound right?

I talk about an hour or so on the phone each day, I have one theme downloaded, receive about 5 - 6 emails a day, and listen to Pandora about 1 - 2 hrs a day since downloading it on Sat...and that's about it (no texts, video, Facebook, etc.). I make sure to close all my apps properly and the only ones I have running are "browser", "phone", "bbmessenger", "home screen" and "messages".

From what I've been reading in other threads here, it seems like I've already used quite a bit in a short period of time.
    05-25-09 08:30 PM
    Does not matter you have unlimited. I bet with a new device it will add up fast, you are doing a lot more than you think.

Welcome to CB and the addiction
    05-25-09 08:40 PM
    I'm new to this stuff as well,but I can say that when speaking with someone about having an unlimited data account, he laughed and said "I am glad I do,I use 10mb a month".

So....yeah I think 40 in a few days seems high. lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 08:41 PM
    Are you sure that was 40 MB not KB?

Also are you MMS Pictures? This also uses data
    05-25-09 08:42 PM
    streaming pandora is the culprit...
    05-25-09 08:44 PM
    I use about 50mb per month and have probably 1500 to 2000 emails (corporate BES), hundreds of BBM messages, and several hours a day of internet usage. Very little streaming audio except occasional iHeart Radio sessions.

05-25-09 08:50 PM
    49,514 KB
    49 MB

That's exactly what it shows in my Verizon account right now. I have taken a few pics just to see how good the camera is, but I didn't email them to anyone or anything.

I'm sure Pandora is the biggest reason, but after reading what other people use a month, and knowing that alot of other's here use Pandora, Slacker, etc., I'm still just so surprised that I've gone through so much in such a short amount of time. I didn't think 1 - 2 hrs of Pandora a day would be so much.

At this rate I'll be using roughly 300mb a month, which I know is still ok. I'm just so surprised considering I really don't do too much with my phone. Thanks everyone for your replies, I appreciate it
    05-25-09 08:56 PM
    Ten minutes of streaming audio using Moodio is about 2.5 to 3mb for me. If you are streaming audio 1-2 hrs a day I think that streaming audio is the reason.

Last edited by Asturcon; 05-26-09 at 09:00 PM.
    05-25-09 09:00 PM
    The new will wear off pretty fast more than likley it will go down....lol
    05-26-09 05:17 PM
    Not necessarily go down.

Once i got used to all the wonderful things my berry could do, I got into downloading pod casts with Pod Trapper. At Verizon, I have used 441972.37 KB which I believe is 430 some odd MBs, right??? In two weeks. Of course, I have 6 different pod cast subscriptions that I keep updated on and set it to download each night while my phone is charging...
    and the usual email each day. Also use a lot of UberTwitter to update. Could this number be possible, too?

Not to hijack your thread, but I am thinking your usage might go UP once you find more uses for your berry!!!! I believe mine has!
    05-26-09 08:10 PM
    i have used 126,324.41 KB and I haven't even had my BB for a week. lol
    05-26-09 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD