I just purchased a 4 gig memory card for my new Curve 8330 but when I slide the card into the slot under the battery and reboot the phone I get a message that the card cannot be read and to ensure the card is formatted. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Please help.
    04-12-09 02:56 AM
    The 8330 cannot support SDHC unless it has the proper operating system. That is the problem. Just return your SD card and purchase a standard SD card and you will be fine if you don't have the proper operating system.

Good day.
    Last edited by milton.smith; 04-12-09 at 04:14 AM.
    04-12-09 03:02 AM
    Wow. Milton thanks for the heads up. The guy at BestBuy told me it would work fine! I should have known better than to trust a sixteen year old who prefaced his response with "Uhhhh..."

I will see about exchanging my purchase tomorrow.

Thanks again!
    04-12-09 03:22 AM
    The 8330 cannot support SDHC. That is the problem. Just return your SD card and purchase a standard SD card and you will be fine.

Good day.
    my blackberry supports sdhc

to the op, go to options>media card>menu button>format card. it will be formatted. make sure you have backups of the files if you have any already on the card because when you format it you will lose all of the files on it..
    also make sure that in the same options>media card that media card support is "on"
    Last edited by kwmksavage; 04-12-09 at 03:32 AM.
    04-12-09 03:23 AM
    I tried formatting the card as you'd suggested. The formatting failed. Doesn't look like this card is going to be compatible with my BB as Milton suggested.

I just hope BestBuy will take it back without giving me too much grief. Otherwise its going up on eBay with the card reader it came with.
    04-12-09 03:54 AM
    As long as you have you the receipt you have 30 days to return the product. Take the packaging back as well if you have it.

Good Luck!
    04-12-09 03:57 AM
    hhmmm.. you may have just gotten a bunk card. the hc part only stands for high capacity.. i have one in my berry.
    make sure its in there correctly and the slide is locked, but if that still doesnt work, then definately take it back and get a new one.. also, there are vidoes on youtube on how to insert it correctly.
    04-12-09 04:01 AM
    What operating system does your Curve have?
    04-12-09 04:15 AM
    OS 4.3 and up will support an 8Gb card. Check out the link on microSD cards in my signature. It sounds like you may have a dead card.

OSs and Media Card sizes
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0 Up to 2 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0.81 and later Up to 16 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 and later Up to 32 GB
    04-12-09 04:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD