I updated my OS to 4.5 with the help of a wonderful person on here. Since the update, I've had a couple of issues and wondered if y'all might have an answer for me.

1. I *KNOW* that every single morning when I wake up, I will have emails on my phone. Since updating the OS, it seems that when I go to bed, the phone kinda...well...freezes up where email is concerned. I can still get a phone call, and the time is correct, but, there are no emails when I get up. But, after turning the phone off and back on, it goes crazy pulling in the emails from the night and early morn.

2. Being on AT&T, I have the word EDGE in all caps beside my signal indicator when my phone is running correctly. Since upgrading the OS, it is hanging up and reverting to "edge" in lower case letters. Turning it off and back on SOMETIMES fixes the phone, but, no always. I've had to call AT&T to talk to Tech Support. They take me "off the system and put me back on" to fix the problem.

When it happened yesterday the HATEFUL tech wanted to trouble shoot my problem because she said it had to be an equipment problem. I got scared she would figure out I had fooled with the OS and then I would have warranty problems. So, I just hung up and did a battery pull.

Anyone else having these problems or have any suggestions?

Thanks!!
    Steph
    10-07-08 09:04 AM
    For the email issue, resend your service books and re-register the host routing table.
    10-07-08 09:06 AM
    Hi kitty..(waves)

Well with your email situtation, what you will need to do is resend your service books from your carriers bis login, and register you host routing tables by going to options-host routing table-press the menu button and press register.

About your EDGE issue. the lower case edge is not a hardware issue, it means you are running on the edge network you just have poor signal at the time.

Hope this helps..
    10-07-08 09:11 AM
    TAE!! Missed you!! I sent you a BB messenger message yesterday.

Remember who you're talking to?? Um...y'all are talking CHINESE to me.

HOW do I resend what books?????
    10-07-08 09:15 AM
    Yes do resend your service books. Should fix the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 09:17 AM
    From your BB open Manage Internet Email app > Settings/Service Books > Send Service Books.

From BIS, Log into your Carriers site. Look for Set up Blackberry Internet email, look for send service books.
    10-07-08 09:20 AM
    TAE!! Missed you!! I sent you a BB messenger message yesterday.

Remember who you're talking to?? Um...y'all are talking CHINESE to me.

HOW do I resend what books?????
    I know, sorry i was in class and forgot to write back when i got out.

You bis login page is here
    BlackBerry� Internet Service Login | AT&T wireless services

Or better yet you can log in from your phone. you should see an icon with a envelope and a widget thingy on it. Its the personal email set up. sign in and resend your service books.
    10-07-08 09:21 AM
    I can't find it. I clicked on my BB email, but I don't see the settings.
    10-07-08 09:25 AM
    I can't find it. I clicked on my BB email, but I don't see the settings.
    if you click on this link it should bring you directly to the bis login.

sign in and on the left hand side you will see something that says service books. click on it and it will give you the option to resend the books

BlackBerry Internet Service
    10-07-08 09:28 AM
    Now it doesn't recognize my login!! SHEESH!!
    10-07-08 09:30 AM
    Gosh Darnitt. and much as i love helping you, this is the part where i cant help lol.. Did you registering your host routing tables.
    10-07-08 09:34 AM
    I had to send a request for my password of all freaking things! I've been using that SAME password for EVERYTHING for 5 years now! So, in the meantime of them sending it to me, the text message registered on the screen, but, doesn't show up in the messages so now I had to do a battery pull (from previous experiences) hoping it will show my IMAGINARY password.

Host Routing Tables?? I guess I missed that part in your tutorial! LOL!!

Fill in an old lady!!
    10-07-08 09:44 AM
    This is driving me crazy!! It shows I have a text message, but, it's NOT there!!
    10-07-08 09:45 AM
    Ok, so I requested the password again. Now it says I have 2 texts, but, there's nothing there still. I've done a battery pull, now what??
    10-07-08 09:47 AM
    Whats up with all the problems today.

Okay to register your host routing you need to go to options-host routing table-press the menu button and press register

And i dont know what to say about the text. If a battery pull didnt work then..???

I would suggest calling ATT while its still early, wont have a long wait time. they can manually redo this for you
    10-07-08 10:03 AM
    TAE: I just wuv u! I got the host routing stuff done (Thanks!). I'm on the phone with AT&T now. Seems like they put a "1" or something behind my user name and now they're trying to figure it out! Back in a minute
    10-07-08 10:07 AM
    Here's an option...from your phone, go to options,then go to advanced then to service books. Delete to service books from your phone, for your e-mail accounts only. Then go to the e-mail set-up wizard icon and re-do you e-mail accounts. If that doesn't work, then I have bo idea.
    10-07-08 10:09 AM
    Got the password YAY!! NOT the password I had by any means!! Sent myself the service books!! Thanks thanks thanks!!!
    10-07-08 10:18 AM
    Now, here's the NEXT weird thing. When I did this last battery pull, I have a NEW icon on my screen.

The YELLOWPAGES.COM complete with yellow walking fingers!! Where in the HECK did this come from????? Seems like everytime I turn this phone off and back on something else is weird with it.

Yeah, I know...so quit turning it off and on, right?! LOL!!
    10-07-08 10:28 AM
    The yellow pages is a new service book that att has come out with. when you resent your service books it sent with it. If you dont want it you can just go to option-advance- service books and delete the one that says yellow book, or you can just hide the icon for later use
    10-07-08 10:36 AM
    10-07-08 10:38 AM
    TAE: What did I ever do before I found you?! I know, I know. I just LOOKED at my red BB and wished for great things!! LOL!

Really...you're my best secret weapon! I can't thank you enough!!
    10-07-08 10:46 AM
    TAE: What did I ever do before I found you?! I know, I know. I just LOOKED at my red BB and wished for great things!! LOL!

Really...you're my best secret weapon! I can't thank you enough!!
    Aha .. No problem. Here to help. Beats listening to my professor. Ahaha
    10-07-08 10:48 AM
    I wanted to upgrade my blackberry to the new 4.5 but when i go to the blackberry site and click on the upgrade button it says I have the latest version. However when i go into the phone it says i have version 4.2? What do i need to do?
    10-07-08 10:57 AM
    I wanted to upgrade my blackberry to the new 4.5 but when i go to the blackberry site and click on the upgrade button it says I have the latest version. However when i go into the phone it says i have version 4.2? What do i need to do?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-8320-a-75755/
    10-07-08 11:04 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD