Hey

does anyone know how to upgrade the curve 8300 to 4.5 os.
    thanx
    07-16-08 01:59 PM
    If you have to ask how, I wouldn't recommend that you install a beta OS on your device. Betas contain bug and more than likely you will have an issue running it. And you can always search for your answer.
    Last edited by sunkast; 07-16-08 at 02:14 PM.
    07-16-08 02:09 PM
    Agreed unless you are VERY comfortable dancing with the devil.......I would just wait.......for some that have the ability and desire to overcome buggy beta installs it is no prob........I am not in that group....
    07-16-08 02:16 PM
    Ditto on doing a search. I must warn you, Betas are not for the faint hearted!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-08 02:26 PM
    I got a release for the 8300 off of the RIM website haven't installed it yet since I'm happy with .42 for right now and to lazy to load it at the moment. but if you have the OS install it on your pc hook up your berry and open BBDM if it does not prompt you go into application loader. make sure you select everything you want installed on your berry before you hit ok.
    let me know if you find that official release and if you do how it works out for you.
    07-16-08 02:27 PM
    thank for the advice. unfortunately my desktop manager is 4.5 and when i hook up blackberry. it doesn't upgrade. i deleted the file called .xml but no luck. any more suggestions?
    07-16-08 09:22 PM
    just because you have desktop manager 4.5 doesn't mean that it will upgrade you OS to 4.5. you'll need a beta os. i agree with others and if you're not sure about installing beta os, maybe you should wait and not damage your bb.
    Last edited by onepoonis; 07-16-08 at 09:41 PM.
    07-16-08 09:38 PM
    Looks like Rim took down the OS they had up but you may be better off just waiting for the new OS to officially be released. If you really do want to install it there are detailed instructions in the blogs when you first open crackberry on how to upgrade your OS.
    07-16-08 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD