if i replace the lbs.alx in the 4.5 os with one from the 4.2 os and install it...... im up for briking my phone if somethinks it could give us maps
    04-02-08 09:49 PM
    It possibly could work, you would need to open the 4.5LBS file and see if there is references to the specific OS in there.
    04-02-08 09:55 PM
    no there isnt, i will deffinatly give it a wirl, i met to do it today but no time, its such a big process to wipe it than update or downgrade than update....... w.e helping out fellow cbs
    04-02-08 10:36 PM
    Well let us know what happens, cause im interested!!!!
    04-02-08 10:38 PM
    Never used maps, but will be great for a few users that use it.
    04-02-08 11:32 PM
    This is getting tabbed - if it works; email me at [email protected]

Fank oo!
    04-03-08 05:03 AM
    well it was good idea, but sadly it didnt work. it flashed just fine to mine, only problem is still no maps maybe like tommorow or something i will try and add the line from the 4.2 that determines maps, to the 4.5 lbs, that could also work
    04-03-08 02:31 PM
    sorry to repost but also can some one who has 4.2 go to applications and let me know what version the maps is, also what modules it says it uses, thanks
    04-03-08 02:35 PM
    Email me for the link my address is at the bottom

Now the online installer would give us all an error message. So instead of clicking download look near the bottom it says push this to your device. Click that and the reset is pretty self explained.

After downloading the maps on to your computer run the device manager and install the maps via blackberry connection manager.

Ur phone will reboot and you will have BB maps on OS 4.5

I spent hours trying to get this to work, felt really stupid when all i had to do was download the offline installer.

If you need help email me at [email protected]
    04-23-08 08:45 PM
    omg i love u, not actually but make a new post and get it stickied by admins!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by shael; 04-23-08 at 09:22 PM.
    04-23-08 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD