We all have seen the pics before, but RIM has finally gotten around to include an equalizer for their beloved BB series, which I have to say works quite well at this point especially with the "audio boost enabled".
    Now for my personal favorite feature of 4.5...video recording for my Curve WooHoo!...you can record in either Normal (240 x 180) or MMS Mode (176 x 144), you may also choose different filming options such as Black and White, Normal or Sepia...you can also have it so that your light on your BB lights up to it's brightest for filming in darker locations, it even warns you that you may suffer sever battery drain when using though..
    lNow a lot of people want to have their streaming video on their BB devices, within 4.5 some seem to be having a few mixed results...some report it works others say it does not (the 8130,8830's all do we know that) but the 8100's and 83XX still natively don't seem to support it FULLY support it as of yet...look what happened when I went to http://m.youtube.com
    Now for the browser, those of you who already have 4.3 won't see much of a difference in this area but for those who do not will have a pleasant new browser to look at, and from my usage seems to be slightly bit faster then the old one.
    03-30-08 08:05 PM
    Now one of the long awaited features of the new OS was Documents to go, now while it is still included for free some of the fetures are only going to be available to a "premium" edition the will be available from DataViz.
    03-30-08 08:06 PM
    HTML emails are something that have been included then seemingly excluded from the next OS or at least from BES 4.1 SP5 but further information also indicates that BES admin can turn it on or turn it off, but risk stability issues if it's turned on...this is still yet to be found out for certain..I do know for a fact that 4.5 has killed my empower HTML viewer, it longer works with 4.5 installed.

Now theirs been a ton of pics posted, we have seen options from 4.5 on an 8800 also have seen pics from an 8100 as well and these pics came from an 8300

Now one of the things that does not seem to be included (as of yet anyways, although we all hope it is coming) is loding and saving attachments/applications to the memory card..however one item I have noticed that alot of people seem to request is the option to "hide" folders on their BB devices from people..personal files. pictures etc..etc..this option has now been included right in the OS it's self I personally have pictures I like to hide so this is great!
    03-30-08 08:07 PM
    Finally for my mini review we have a look at the updated voice recorder option which now allows you to save the recordings as ringtone, send as emails or even MMS..while I have not used this application it does seem that with the new features added I may find some uses for it now that the ability to send them out is available lol, may earn me a few brownie points with my girlfriend...maybe..lmao! The only bad thing I found with this was that it records to AMR format...I assume for the smaller size factor,maybe RIM thought mp3 format would be too large.

03-30-08 08:07 PM
    I was wondering what happened to this thread. I can't wait for 4.5 to be released.
    03-30-08 10:55 PM
    Blaze u a beta tester?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-08 11:14 PM
    How did you get the job of a beta tester?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-08 11:24 PM
    Eat your vegtables...Take your vitamins...Do As your parents tell you and go to school Brother!!!!

-Hulk Hogan

FOMCL!!
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 03-30-08 at 11:29 PM.
    03-30-08 11:27 PM
    Eat your vegtables...Take your vitamins...Do As your parents tell you and go to school Brother!!!!

-Hulk Hogan

FOMCL!!
    Ha!Ha! I want to be like you when grow up! ROTFLMAO!
    03-31-08 12:18 AM
    Finally for my mini review we have a look at the updated voice recorder option which now allows you to save the recordings as ringtone, send as emails or even MMS..while I have not used this application it does seem that with the new features added I may find some uses for it now that the ability to send them out is available lol, may earn me a few brownie points with my girlfriend...maybe..lmao! The only bad thing I found with this was that it records to AMR format...I assume for the smaller size factor,maybe RIM thought mp3 format would be too large.

Bla1ze,
    could you save the recording on Media card and NOT SENDING IT to anyone, Just safe it like plain vanilla phone? and not as a ringtone?
    ( ringtone only has 30 s)
    03-31-08 01:06 AM
    i want 4.5 so bad i could cry lol
    03-31-08 01:44 AM
    Hey Bla1ze,
    I got one question. My thing is that I like to watch videos while I'm in flight, great way to pass time watching Califonication
    On the 8310, the keyboard lights never time out/turn off in low light conditions, just wondering if they might have considered this in the new OS.
    Certainly would conserve battery life as I have to turn the brightness of the display up to keep the keyboard lights from washing out the display.
    Would be really nice if the keyboard lights would time out and or a hot key to turn the keyboard lights off.
    So just curious if you noticed if they just happened to change that by chance, If not, any one in peticular at RIM I should send an email

Cheers,
    Corey
    Last edited by cordel; 03-31-08 at 02:29 AM. Reason: typo
    03-31-08 02:26 AM
    Its a small thing that is missing is I cannot plug it in to my usb port in my car to play muisc off my memory card anymore! I hope they fix this for the final release especially if you can put a 8gig memory card.
    03-31-08 02:38 AM
    Wow... i want to be a beta tester too... boo hoo...
    03-31-08 07:06 AM
    i want 4.5 so bad i could cry lol
    troll the fourms. seek and you will find. if you seek it it will come.

there are a lot of people offering this OS bata on the web and you dont even have to go far just read post and pin some one
    03-31-08 07:09 AM
    Brilliant review, Bla1ze, nicely done...
    03-31-08 07:40 AM
    Bla1ze - agree, nice review and thanks for all the eye candy.

Is BT A2DP supported in the video player? I suspect not, but just had to ask.
    03-31-08 08:03 AM

-Hulk Hogan

FOMCL!!
    LMAO.
    The 1st thing I noticed on e-mails was my empower pro not working and e-mails were not colorful - at all. Thanks for posting. I as well as others were receiving a lot of private messages about youtube.
    03-31-08 08:31 AM
    i have the 4.5beta too and the best thing about it that you seemingly left out is the dimension L theme.. that thing is awesome i love it.. also i havnt had any problems with the os yet however i dnt use the internet so i didnt test youtube or empower.
    03-31-08 09:11 AM
    m.youtube works fine on my end...can't wait for the final release!

Update!

okay i see what you mean, now i realized that i can only get m.youtube to work while on WiFi but not on EDGE....some other user have it the other way...oh well...
    Last edited by kwues; 03-31-08 at 11:34 AM.
    03-31-08 11:22 AM
    m.youtube is no go for me even after several tweaking in options. Also I noticed when you go to options and if you try to open "ABOUT" it doesn't do anything and it randomly restarts the phone alot even with 20mb+ free . Great review btw and os 4.5 is definitely worth it when it's out.....
    03-31-08 01:45 PM
    Bla1ze,
    could you save the recording on Media card and NOT SENDING IT to anyone, Just safe it like plain vanilla phone? and not as a ringtone?
    ( ringtone only has 30 s)
    Good question. I'm curious about this too. On the 8320 all you could do was voice record for 1 minute and at the end your only option was to send the recording via MMS or email. I'm hoping you can voice record as long as you want (or as much as your mini SD can handle) and be able to save it to your media card.
    03-31-08 02:06 PM
    ok so im loving the new os but i think im going to downgrade. this memory leak is crazy! i uninstalled ptt, doc2go, sample video, languages, games, and had about 23blah blah free. so everything was fine.

today it is saying 15something and I havent even added anything new, no videos nothing! and it keeps going up and down. but now my bb is running slow becuse of the memory and I dont want to start losing emails. I also cant send MMS or see youtube vids. I can get mms though, and my BBM icon is invisible.

Downgrading tonite!! I think I should wait.
    03-31-08 02:21 PM
    Nice writeup! Learned some stuff I didn't know like being able to hide folders! But how do you unhide them?
    Last edited by dutin; 03-31-08 at 06:19 PM.
    03-31-08 05:48 PM
    Curious if anyone is running this on their 8830? If so, how is it going?
    03-31-08 07:01 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD