I'm running 4.5.0.51 and so far so good!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This thread is regarding 4.5.0.69
    07-31-08 08:19 PM
    seriously, all links have been killed. if you didnt get it a few days ago all the searching in the world wont do you any good. we realize its against the rules to request a beta os but when your desperate and have spent hours looking you tend to now care. i missed the rush on the the new os and have now been searching for two days looking for any active link or member willing to share but nothing is out there anymore
    08-01-08 11:22 PM
    However, I don't think it's anyone's job (excluding the administrators or whatever you may call them) to try and discipline or derail these users. If you see someone asking for the beta, just ignore them.
    I don't mean to add fuel to the fire, but this is EXACTLY what the mods are supposed to do - this is why we have mods - to regulate the forums, keep people on track, and make sure everyone follows the forum rules. They're like our community police if you will. There are mods on every board in existence and they all serve the same purpose. I love all our mods and think they do an amazing job. It's hard to police people and still come across as "nice" when you have to tell them they're doing something they're not supposed to do. I appreciate what you're saying but let's just respect the rules and the mods - they're both here for our community's protection!!
    08-01-08 11:31 PM
    FYI - No self-promotion here or fuel to the fire. Just offering some clarity to the situation.

Guys, I understand the excitement involved regarding the betas. But, here's how it works: If you want to ask someone about a new beta, send them a PM - not 5 or 6. If the links are up and available, they will share them. If the links are not up, you may have to wait 2 - 4 days or until things calm down. It's that simple. But, never ask for or post a link to the beta in a forum. Above all, don't talk sh*t to the person that might be posting the links somewhere, and, no, it's not about kissing someone's *ss! If I didn't have a beta, I would be content until I find it or someone shares it with me. When sharing information about possible locations - PM that sh*t and don't broadcast it for everyone else (non-CB members) to know the location- like a cyber cop on a stake -out. RIM doesn't have to look for links, we're giving them directions to the location(s). Yes, we do have a few members that feel like "Eff the rules" and do it anyway. One and/or two things happen: the member may get suspended or worse the forum is closed because that member effed it up for the rest of us. Just mu.02. Have a Fun/Safe Weekend. Drink Irresponsibly - just don't drive
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 08-02-08 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Language.
    08-02-08 01:10 AM
    Finally found the new version 4.5.0.69 and installing now. I hope it fixes a few of the software crashes such as TellMe. I'm sure you can find it somewhere in this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/8310-os-4-5-0-69-review-56818/
    08-02-08 03:28 AM
    How is my initial response not helpful... I even numbered it out for you!! lol

As I said initially, and you obviously did not catch : You cannot request links for a Beta... and your thread specifically does that!

I even posted 3 links to other threads on this topic, that you may have found if you searched. I went outta my way to get those for you since you did not take the time to look.

Now, tell me... how did I not try to help?! I pointed you in 3 directions... pick one and read! And you even acted as if you didn't think this file was a Beta.

How did you not realize that after my initial post... and why did you take so much offense?!

I was only making you aware of the facts and pointing you in the right direction...
    VWS!

I've noticed that. I mean what's the problem with gmail? I've got it working, no problem on minne.
    I thought the same thing. Every time I read a post on that I check mine on my BB and it's fine.

I don't understand why certain people are being so condescending... is there an elitist complex based on the number of posts one has (or something to that effect?) Sheesh.
    you are kidding me right?

There is no elitist complex here. What was being said is simply that it is against the forum rules to request links to betas. The only reason anyone ever gets slightly irritated is because people post without searching the forums first and, nine times out of ten, had they taken 15 seconds to search, they would have found their answer.
    that seems to be a problem no matter that forum it is. on another one i am on, i actually did a step by step tutorial on how to use the search function. needless to say, some got very **** hurt over it.

I don't mean to add fuel to the fire, but this is EXACTLY what the mods are supposed to do - this is why we have mods - to regulate the forums, keep people on track, and make sure everyone follows the forum rules. They're like our community police if you will. There are mods on every board in existence and they all serve the same purpose. I love all our mods and think they do an amazing job. It's hard to police people and still come across as "nice" when you have to tell them they're doing something they're not supposed to do. I appreciate what you're saying but let's just respect the rules and the mods - they're both here for our community's protection!!
    michelle... please stop with the common sense.... you are hurting my brain! lol
    08-02-08 05:41 AM
    Hmmm? Okay... back to the OP... were did it ever really say... I am looking for...beta....4.5.0.69 rel 92? New builds come out and leaked by someone... somewhere.. and it has to come from RIM at some point?? Right? Lets all just relax and know its just a damn phone. No reason to be harsh on anyone over that... is there? Sure rules are rules... but lets just give it a break.. everything has gotten out of control over all the crap. I could see if they were looking for an Apple product.
    08-02-08 06:21 AM
    Hmmm? Okay... back to the OP... were did it ever really say... I am looking for...beta....4.5.0.69 rel 92? New builds come out and leaked by someone... somewhere.. and it has to come from RIM at some point?? Right? Lets all just relax and know its just a damn phone. No reason to be harsh on anyone over that... is there? Sure rules are rules... but lets just give it a break.. everything has gotten out of control over all the crap. I could see if they were looking for an Apple product.
    Back to the OP, "...sooooo.......where is it?". Does sound to me a lot like "I am looking for...beta....4.5.0.69 rel 92" if you include his title of "4.5.0.69 rel 92 ????".

The problem for CrackBerry is that they cannot allow non-released (beat, if you wish) links to be posted. This is for copyright reasons. You see, we are not really supposed to have any access to beta (no yet publically released) OSs. RIM could start legal action, as they already have against some sites, against CrackBerry. So we all really do have to tread carefully. Also if RIM find the sites that are providng download facilities, they have them shut down, pronto. This too has happened.

So when someone who is fairly new to these forums pops up and says "Gimme da noo vershun.", it just cannot be.

The way to do this is to watch, read, contribute and notice who seems to have the new version that you want so much. Then you PM thm politely and see what they say. Please remember that no-one in hare has any obligation whatsoever to even respond to a PM (although I always do if the are polite. Those that are not I report to the moderators). Nor, does any other member have an absolute right to the latest version.

There is a de facto mini-club in here. This is not deliberate but when you deal with people over time, you do gain confidence in them. In my own case some these people helped me a lot in my early life with BlackBerry ownership. If I can pay them back the sme way that they helped me forward, then I would do so over someone whom I did not know. I am sure that you can get the gist of this.

Finally as successful OS upgrade is not guaranteed so just handing over a link may well involve that person in a heap of support work too. SOme of us here (not many) actually do have lives outside of CrackBerry so it may just not be convenient to that person to respond for a day or so.

What you are looking for IS out there.
    08-02-08 07:16 AM
    Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics... even if you win, you're still "special"...

08-02-08 08:27 AM
    Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics... even if you win, you're still "special"...

That is very true but like most things in life, you tend to get more out of it if you put more into it and have a positive attitude - not that I am saying you don't - but you know what I mean, I am sure.

Arguing is not what CrackBerry is about. We are all here because we are enthusiasts of Blackberrys. I would say that at times we are guilty of being in 'violent agreement' and people who want the latest are somtimes guilty of over-enthusiasm.

Arguing with someone when what you really want is a PM with a link will get you nowhere other than an empty inbox.

Plus the hard facts of doing this are clearly laid out above. Proof of this is the link that I have worked fine on 7/30 and now does not. The site carries this message.

"This file is suspected to contain illegal content and has been blocked. After the file has been blocked for 7 days it will automatically be deleted, if the block is not removed by RapidShare. For this reason, a download of this file is currently not possible."

RIM has clearly had this link shut down. Never was there a clearer resolution to a thread than this.
    Last edited by Pete6; 08-02-08 at 08:56 AM.
    08-02-08 08:53 AM
    That is very true but like most things in life, you tend to get more out of it if you put more into it and have a positive attitude - not that I am saying you don't - but you know what I mean, I am sure.

Arguing is not what CrackBerry is about. We are all here because we are enthusiasts of Blackberrys. I would say that at times we are guilty of being in 'violent agreement' and people who want the latest are somtimes guilty of over-enthusiasm.

Arguing with someone when what you really want is a PM with a link will get you nowhere other than an empty inbox.

Plus the hard facts of doing this are clearly laid out above. Proof of this is the link that I have worked fine on 7/30 and now does not. The site carries this message.

"This file is suspected to contain illegal content and has been blocked. After the file has been blocked for 7 days it will automatically be deleted, if the block is not removed by RapidShare. For this reason, a download of this file is currently not possible."

RIM has clearly had this link shut down. Never was there a clearer resolution to a thread than this.
    Could not agree with you more.
    08-04-08 07:00 PM
    I didn't even know this beta was out!?!? There's a link for it?!?!?! Hopefully I can find it ;-)

243E559B is my PIN

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-08 07:23 PM
    JUST FOUND A LINK WITH IT DOWNLOADING AS WE SPEAK BUT I AM unsure if i will install though tired of all the betas but i still like to have them if i decide to upgrade. is there anything new with this beta?
    08-04-08 07:55 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD