so i've had my curve for a lil bit now, and to make a long story short, the other night whenever i tried to go on my browser, some uncaught exception node blah blah blah message came up.

so i was on here looking at ways to remedy the problem, and i just figured i'd install the 4.5.0.69 OS, i've wanted to upgrade for a while now, kill 2 birds with one stone, ya know?

so somehow, by the grace of God i'm able to successfully install the new OS. I used the guides on here and a few other resources, but either way, while i'm not completely ********, i'm also not bill gates....so it was a miracle the thing even worked.

i'm ****in around everthing was cool, i was souped on being able to watch youtube videos as well, huuuge bonus, so far so good.

I forgot to restore my settings, so i did that, but ever since then, ever time i try to log on to a website i get the message:

"This is a Wif-Fi service. Please ensure your device has an active Wi-Fi connection and try again."

i tried to change the way the browser connects, but alas, the i'm unable to; the only option is my Hotspot Browser.

So its stuck on Hotspot Browser and i cant use the internet, i know there must be a simple remedy to my situation.

Please help. Thanks in Advance!
    08-16-08 02:45 PM
    Did it work befor you restored your setting?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-08 03:13 PM
    yea it worked fine before the restore.

was i supposed to resend something from the tmobile webiste or something?

the only reason i say that is because when i try to sign on to AIM, it says "Service not enabled for this handheld." plus, when the browser was working youtube said to make sure i have an unlimited data plan (which I do.)

unless the AIM message is just because i can't sign on at all, and the youtube message maybe was just a warning, maybe it never detected anything at all.
    08-16-08 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD