Are there volume issues with .42?
    06-09-08 12:32 PM
    Where do you all download these betas from?
    Be careful, you are not allowed to ask that question.
    06-09-08 12:34 PM
    Where do you all download these betas from?

Fight Club?

the movie

Last edited by danpass; 06-09-08 at 02:05 PM.
    06-09-08 01:45 PM
    If you want the BETA PM me
    06-09-08 01:50 PM
    Are there any volume issues with .42. Volume issues with .18 and .37. Would like to no please?
    06-09-08 03:38 PM
    Fight Club?
    the movie

I violated the first rule of fight club by mentioning fight club. My appologies Mr. Durden.
    06-09-08 04:55 PM
    anyone having issues with the voice notes sent thru bb messenger on .42??

I can't hear them directly from the conversations i have to save them and listen to them from Media, so annoying
    06-09-08 05:10 PM
    Just installed it. I had many crashing issues where my phone would freeze up and had to do a battery pull. That seem to have solved the problem. All 3rd party apps work, jive talk, BBsmart, Opera and Google maps are working fine. Yahoo Go not working. Can view youtube on BB browser. As with previous beta versions the overall volume level which include system and MP3 ring tones. This is the only critical issue that will probably make me go back to 4.2 if it weren't for the volume issue I would stay with this version. Just my 2 cents.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-08 05:30 PM
    Just installed it. I had many crashing issues where my phone would freeze up and had to do a battery pull. That seem to have solved the problem. All 3rd party apps work, jive talk, BBsmart, Opera and Google maps are working fine. Yahoo Go not working. Can view youtube on BB browser. As with previous beta versions the overall volume level which include system and MP3 ring tones. This is the only critical issue that will probably make me go back to 4.2 if it weren't for the volume issue I would stay with this version. Just my 2 cents.

ok am i the only one who was confused by this post? is the volume still a big issue???????
    06-09-08 05:46 PM
    Yeah I think so, like I said before, i will wait until the real deal is released. (but then again if I do have some free time on my hands, maybe i'll just try it after all, besides these Beta's effect random bb's any ways).
    06-09-08 05:54 PM
    anyone having issues with the voice notes sent thru bb messenger on .42??

I can't hear them directly from the conversations i have to save them and listen to them from Media, so annoying
    I am getting the same error. It just says 'buffering' and remains there. This was the same issue when I had 4.5.0.37.
    06-09-08 07:29 PM
    Are the beta releases ota? If so where are you getting them?
    06-09-08 07:43 PM
    Are the beta releases ota? If so where are you getting them?
    Nope you have to google them
    06-09-08 08:02 PM
    is it actually worth it to download this beta version?
    06-09-08 09:08 PM
    Besides a few minor fixes, anything major between 37 and 42?
    I've been running 37 for a couple of weeks and am EXTREMELY happy.
    Had to do a bettery pull only one time so far.
    Editing Word docs is a very cool feature. Video camera, which should have always been there, is good to have.
    Watching youtube is cool, but choppy as expected on EDGE.

Only downside is the 50 minutes it took to upgrade.
    06-11-08 05:25 PM
    is it actually worth it to download this beta version?
    You have to decide if it is worth the gamble of installing a beta version for which there is no guarantee. It messes up your phone, you are on your own. I

It seems that the release of the new 4.5 OS will be soon (but who knows).

Now saying all that, I have been running .37 for over two weeks and have no major problems. I have put it through the ropes on most every application I have and found most things work just fine.

So beware what you do. Use at your own risk!
    06-11-08 05:54 PM
    anyone have problems synching Google Calendar with the BB calendar? I use Google Sync and no matter what the options are, it doesn't load more than 4 weeks of events...
    actually it's not downloading any new events entered via calendar.google.com but the events that I create on my BB do show up on the website.
    06-12-08 12:03 AM
    i would possibly like to see a change in future os updates...possibly the look of txts. i know bb is for more business use but i could be jazzed up a smidge. the iphone (i hate to even bring it up) txting is so nice with the little bubbles
    06-12-08 12:11 AM
    Anyone trying this on the 8330 with sprint?

06-12-08 10:01 AM
    I upgraded to the 37 on my 8320 and was not able to receive mms messages. Then I upgraded to the 4.2 and now my keyboard nor trackball doesn�t light up any more. I give up, does anyone know how to downgrade back to the original firmware that came with my bberry?
    06-14-08 10:47 PM
    Really like .42 on my unlocked 8300 that I'm using on TMO. Took about 45 minutes and now works like a champ. No issues that I can find so far. Really like the video recorder. Always thought that should've been there from the beginning too but just glad it works now. The calendar is much nicer too. See more information in scheduled meetings which is nice. I'm anxious to see if there is any improvement in signal drops that happen when I switch towers.

So far so good. Definitely be patient if you load the update. The 2nd to last step took about 20 minutes with a white screen and spinning hour glass. Mine seemingly hung there but I just stayed patient and it eventually completed and finished the last step.

Good stuff

Joe
    06-16-08 01:43 AM
    Really like .42 on my unlocked 8300 that I'm using on TMO. Took about 45 minutes and now works like a champ. No issues that I can find so far. Really like the video recorder. Always thought that should've been there from the beginning too but just glad it works now. The calendar is much nicer too. See more information in scheduled meetings which is nice. I'm anxious to see if there is any improvement in signal drops that happen when I switch towers.

So far so good. Definitely be patient if you load the update. The 2nd to last step took about 20 minutes with a white screen and spinning hour glass. Mine seemingly hung there but I just stayed patient and it eventually completed and finished the last step.

Good stuff

Joe
    Joe -

Try leaving calling your cell from another lne - NOT answering it on the cell, and then leave a message.

If you're like us other T-Mobile users trying out .42, I suspect that you will:

- have no missed call indicators, and
    - have no message waiting indicator

I also found that with at least some themes (such a Today Plus), it loses the definition of folders if I change themes or do a battery pull.

I like .42, but it definitely has a few rough edges left to be polished.

- Jon
    06-16-08 05:33 AM
372 ... 131415
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD