I am pleased with where my phone is right now, but with a lot of memory problems, I want to try a software upgrade to see if it will nock the bugs out. I do not know if .124 is a faster running OS than .81 .

Also, with that said, I have tried upgrading to .124 by doing everything the guide says, but when I go to plug in my phone, it does not prompt me for an upgrade. So I go to Application Loader>Then I click "start" under Update Software>I then uncheck 4.5 (current) and check 4.5.0.174 for 8320>then I click next, and it brings me to the update summary screen where it says "No software update is required for your device".

Yes, I have deleted Vendor.xml & have done a battery pull.

Thanks in advanced, I know this is a little bit to munch on.
    03-19-09 11:34 AM
    With no replies, I will just that I am in the process of the upgrade now. What I ended up doing was using the CrackMem method. I also needed to downgrade my DM from 4.7 -> 4.5 in order for the install to work.

I am now sitting at the never ending blank loading screen after the OS install (the phone installed everything and reset the phone, and is "loading" i'm assuming). I'm starting to worry that something is up, its been at the screen for over 10 minutes now. Is this normal?
    03-19-09 01:04 PM
    If anyone else encounters this in the future, I let the phone sit a little longer, made a sandwich, came back, and it was all done.

Confirmed the permissions, and everything was back to normal (lost my ringtones so watch for that). I saw an increase of 3-4 mb in memory as well. well worth it now that I finished it.
    03-19-09 01:34 PM
    My answer (obviously too late) is that I think .124 is a definate improvement over .81.
    03-19-09 02:26 PM
    Imo, 4.5.0.124 is the most reliable OS for your phone since 4.2.2.194.

I have been running it for months. It is a great OS. Very reliable. My 8310 has never crashed with this OS.
    03-19-09 02:36 PM
    Pete beat me, .124 is the most stable release.....beta....available for the 83XX. I have had no issues at all with it. Enjoy!
    03-19-09 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD