as a newbie I want to have the latest version, but when I called Verizon, they said it is not them, and that I need to wait . My quesion is if I upgrade, will verizon support it, and what version of the dektop manager should I have?
    I am a little confused.
    thanks
    from a wanna be crackberry head
    09-01-08 08:44 AM
    First off I do not think you have 4.2 on yor device. you should have 4.3.0.127. This can be checked under options>about on the third line down.

If you upgrade VZW will not support it until they release it. you can keep an eye out on vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry

Desktop you should have is 4.3, but lots of people are using 4.5. Desk top upgrade can be gotten from the same site.
    09-01-08 09:07 AM
    It's your call with upgrading to 4.5. I'm running 4.5.0.77 on my device and Desktop Manager 4.6 and things are running fine here.

Regarding supporting it, sure, if you call in and they verify you're running 4.5 on your device, they could say "We won't support it". I'm all for betas and have taken the risk. If its an issue that you can't work through, you can easily downgrade back to the supported VZW 4.3 OS for the 8330.
    09-01-08 09:30 AM
    I am also running 4.5.0.56 with bb mgr 4.5 and having no problems.

the 2 previous posts are correct tho we do not support an upgraded os.
    09-01-08 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD