Alright, I got my first blackberry 8310 about 3 weeks ago. After about 15 pictures it came up with the message "File System Full" and was unable to send pictures. I went back to the store and they gave me a new one. Same problem again. So I got another phone. Now this oneis doing the same thing. I am really tires of trading in my BB's. Am I doing something wrong? I have 5 ringtones, 15 pictures and about 30 messages, so there is not much on it to take up mempry. My friend has the exact same phone with 75 or so pictures, 20 ringtones, and about 100 messages at any given time and has no problem at all. Is it something I am doing wrong. I even went in and deleted the applicatons that I do not use to free up space.

Any ideas? The picture thing is very important to me because my husband leaves for Iraq in a few days and we have a 3 month old. I don't want him to miss out on any more than he has to. Thanks in advance =)
    06-13-08 01:24 AM
    Correction: the phone says it is unable to save pictures, not send. oops.
    06-13-08 01:25 AM
    How much free space do you have? do you have a micro SD installed?
    06-13-08 01:29 AM
    I do not have a micro Sd, but neither does my buddy with the exact same phone so that is really annoying me. it says I have 2969030 bytes free. I also tried upping the reserved memory for pictures from 2 to 5...no luck. I love everything else, but this is frustrating...
    06-13-08 01:34 AM
    Your device memory is too full....get a memory card if you dont have one already, and then change the settings on your device to save the pics to the memory card..

Click on Camera icon, press menu, choose options, then down below choose where it says "store pictures", change it to say memory card...

Their has been nothing wrong with your previous 2 devices, just low tech reps...working on high tech devices lmao!!
    06-13-08 01:35 AM
    I do not have a micro Sd, but neither does my buddy with the exact same phone so that is really annoying me. it says I have 2969030 bytes free. I also tried upping the reserved memory for pictures from 2 to 5...no luck. I love everything else, but this is frustrating...
    I'm willing to bet if you look on your friends phone...follow my prev instruction look under the "Picture Quality" his is set to "Small (640x480)" while yours is set to (1600x1200)..higher picture quality..BIGGER picture size on device.

Save yourself the hassle, pick up a $15-$20 memory card and be done with it.
    06-13-08 01:38 AM
    I changed the picture size and that worked for 2 pictures, but after that same thing. What size memory card do ya'll think is best? I don't even know what a gb is to be honest? Any specific brand? Thanks you guys so much for your help though. This BB is taking me rounds lol
    06-13-08 02:04 AM
    You know what is sad? I am so used to typing on the BB now that I screw up constantly on a regular keyboard, as I am sure you have noticed haha
    06-13-08 02:05 AM
    You can start as small a 512mb one and go as large as 4gb for not a lot of money. I have a 2gb and in all honesty I will never fill that pictures. If my calculations off the top of my head is right 2gb will net you about 1300 high res pictures.

As for brands I like pny but really anyone will do just do not buy it at you carriers store you will pay too much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-08 02:22 AM
    I got a 2Gb Mcro SD card from amazon for $15
    06-13-08 02:31 AM
    Oh ok. Thanks so much for your help. I will order that, and hopefully start feeling the love again for my crackberry.
    06-13-08 11:03 AM
    hey, remember when you do get the microsd card that you save your pictures to the memory card not device memory. do this by going to your camera, press menu, go to options, at the bottom where it says "store pictures", choose media card. then click the folder under it and choose where you want the pictures to go, then press menu, save and your good to go...
    also you want to go to media>pictures, and move all the pictures on your device mem to your mem card...
    good luck!
    06-13-08 12:03 PM
    Ok ordered the card, so hopefully that fixes it. If not, BB #4 here I come...this sounds like it should work. Thanks!
    06-13-08 02:43 PM
    Curve you said to move all the existing pictures onto the memory card...hwo do I do that? I tried moving them one by one and it wouldn't do it. I have no idea how to find the memory card to move it to! I suck at this bb stuff... lol
    06-18-08 11:07 PM
    All it gives me is the option to "Move here" and then it tells me the file system is full.
    06-18-08 11:08 PM
    heres a way to fee up some memory..and it's free>> http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

make sure you preform a back-up before you do this, should you choose to. this will help a little, but you still need a memory card..welcome to CB
    06-18-08 11:14 PM
    I bought a 4gb micro sd card on ebay for $20 had it in 3 days. I had a 2gb card already. Thought at the time I"d go for the gusto! incase I decide I want lots of music and pics. I'm as prepared as a good lil girlie scout

good luck!
    06-18-08 11:20 PM
    I can't believe you returned 2 perfectly good phones that are now going to have to be sold as refurbs. Oh well. Really if people have problems with their devices they should try to take them in to the store to have them troubleshooted....oh wait...u did
    06-18-08 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD