Ok... newbie needs help. I downloaded a program called epocrates rx. It is a drug book for nurses, docs, medics etc... anyway after putting it on my curve, i realized it took up way to much space and requires routine updates that just take up more memory. I tried to remove it from the applications menu but i've noticed that if i use the switch application function it is still listed and will pop right up with the whole list of drugs, however I can't find it listed anywhere. Help
    08-18-08 05:54 PM
    Try to see if there is a service book(s) for it, and if there
    is delete it/them

If not try ALT+RIGHT SHIFT+DEL, when the screen come up
    white do it again (essentially a battery pull)
    08-18-08 06:10 PM
    That should do it. IF not, did you install this program through the DM or OTA?? If you installed it thru the DM, plug in device, open DM, App Loader, add/remove and just uncheck the the app.
    08-18-08 06:43 PM
    the alt + right shift + del seemed to work. It's no longer in my "switch application" screen. Thanks, you guys are great.
    08-18-08 06:55 PM
    I wonder if your device is still packed with samples and unneeded corporate support software?

If you free up your device memory, you will likley have plenty of room for epocrates rx and the updates.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    08-18-08 09:07 PM
    Typically after uninstalling an app a reboot is required to complete the uninstall. Basically I don't think most or all apps are actually removed from memory until a reboot is performed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-08 03:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD