I got the Curve about 2 weeks ago. Love it.

However, there have been a couple little issues- like with a couple of keys, etc. If I am still on my 30 day "trial" period, can I take it in and have them swap me out a new one for that reason? Does that have to be a real reason at all?
    I just want to basically go in there and be like, "Listen...I really love the phone, but I just want to make sure this isn't something I'll be dealing with for 2 years."

Any insight?
    06-10-08 09:19 AM
    I think it has to be a real reason,do you have a real problem? I returned mines because the back light on the keyboard wouldnt stay on so that a real reason.
    06-10-08 09:24 AM
    You should be able to take it back for whatever reason you like. They call it their "Customer Satisfaction guarantee" so you can take it back for any reason as long as its not all scratched or dinged up. I bought the XV6900 and had that for about 1 1/2 weeks and I went back and said "I don't like it, I want a curve" and they switched it out for me with no problems.
    06-10-08 09:25 AM
    A couple of the keys are a little sticky and makes it kind of hard to type. However, the issue doesn't come up all the time! Its pretty frustrating...I'd say it flares up about 50% of the time. I'm just worried that I'm going to go in there, and it will be "fine" for whoever checks out the phone, and they will send me on my way.
    06-10-08 09:26 AM
    I took advantage of the 30 day policy....actually I was a week over, but because of my insistance (overall complaining). They took my 6800 back and I am now back in the land of the Berry.
    06-10-08 09:27 AM
    Alright...so it sounds as if I have a legitimate complaint they will comply with me. It should be clear to them that I have taken immaculate care of this phone- I have a case and a screen protector and have been very diligent about taking care of it.
    06-10-08 09:29 AM
    Redheads are HOT! Now that we're all clear on that, yes, VZW should have no issues with swapping it out. As long as you're within the 30 day window go into the store and swap it with a new phone. Make sure that before they provision the new phone you take a very close look at it to make sure the keyboard and whatever else you don't like about the current one is fine on the new. If you find anything wacky with it, just ask them to see another. They should comply because it's not against company policy. If you happen to get a rude person who doesn't seem to share your nature for perfection, ask for a manager and politely explain to them what the issues are. They have every reason to help you out and let you find that "perfect" handset. If for some reason you find that they all have these problems, well... that'll be a RIM QC issue and you might be stuck with it, unless you want to do what I did and just go back to your old BB because the 8330 has poor quality, in my opinion.

Anyway, good luck.
    06-10-08 09:37 AM
    It shouldn't have anything to do with a complaint. If you're not satisfied with the device for ANY reason, they will accommodate you in the 30 day period. Just tell them the keys are sticking too much and you want another. They will give you another.
    06-10-08 09:39 AM
    Hahaha- thanks JR

Thanks for the help guys. I think I will go in there in the next couple of days and swap it out.
    06-10-08 09:41 AM
    Redheads are HOT!
    Yeah They Are!!
    06-10-08 09:46 AM
    What about insurance? If you have it insured, you wouldn't necessarily be stuck with it forever....
    06-10-08 09:56 AM
    What about insurance? If you have it insured, you wouldn't necessarily be stuck with it forever....
    I do have insurance, but I was just wanting to see if I could replace it within the 30 days rather than paying $50 to get a new phone of a model I've only had for 2 weeks, ya know?
    06-10-08 10:05 AM
    You have to pay a deductible when you file an insurance claim.. I deffinately say take advantage of the 30 day policy, as a Retail Sales Associate, the store gets the money back for faulty devices and you're garunteed a fully functioning device... Take it back, get a fresh one
    06-10-08 10:23 AM
    You have to pay a deductible when you file an insurance claim.. I deffinately say take advantage of the 30 day policy, as a Retail Sales Associate, the store gets the money back for faulty devices and you're garunteed a fully functioning device... Take it back, get a fresh one
    My thinking exactly
    06-10-08 10:27 AM
    There should be no prob at all. Been with them for a couple years now, and I took back not only one, but two different phones in my initial 30 days and they were happy to help. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-08 11:25 AM
    Tell them you want to get the new iPhone.
    06-10-08 08:57 PM
    Pretty good Policy!!
    06-10-08 09:00 PM
    Tell them you want to get the new iPhone.
    Rofl... **** the iPhone.

I say wait for the BB Storm
    06-10-08 09:51 PM
    I work at VZW and yes.. you can def. take it in for that reason and have them swap it out for you
    06-10-08 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD