1) My friend also has a Curve for T-Mo, but his Curve was originally used with ATT. When he uses Google Maps, it pinpoints his location almost exactly, whereas mine pinpoints it within something like 600 meters. Sometimes this can be a hassle. Is there any way I can change this?

2) When I first got my Curve, my mms worked just fine, but now when people send me mms messages, it comes as a text message saying I need to go to this website and put in a passcode. It rarely works and when it does it is incredibly slow. Suggestions?

3) I have had the smiley face icon without the the little red dot that signifies you have a new BB messenger message for about 3 weeks now, but I do not have any new messages. Suggestions on this?
    07-16-08 02:45 PM
    1) My friend also has a Curve for T-Mo, but his Curve was originally used with ATT. When he uses Google Maps, it pinpoints his location almost exactly, whereas mine pinpoints it within something like 600 meters. Sometimes this can be a hassle. Is there any way I can change this?
    if he has the 8300, then the is stuck with the 600+ meters,
    but if it is the 8310, he should be able to use gps

2) When I first got my Curve, my mms worked just fine, but now when people send me mms messages, it comes as a text message saying I need to go to this website and put in a passcode. It rarely works and when it does it is incredibly slow. Suggestions?

sounds like you need to check the settings you have with your service provider
    may also need service books

3) I have had the smiley face icon without the the little red dot that signifies you have a new BB messenger message for about 3 weeks now, but I do not have any new messages. Suggestions on this?
    do a battery pull
    it also might be a request
    07-16-08 03:00 PM
    1) I have the 8320, so do I not have GPS? Am I stuck with the 600 meters?

2) I will have to call T-Mo

3) Definitely not a request, unless the request is hidden or something.
    07-16-08 03:03 PM
    1) I have the 8320, so do I not have GPS? Am I stuck with the 600 meters?

2) I will have to call T-Mo

3) Definitely not a request, unless the request is hidden or something.
    the 8320 has no gps, so it will always be within a generic distance, because it uses cell towers

as for the BBM, i'd say try a battery pull
    07-16-08 03:05 PM
    weirdest thing, I went to go to the battery pull and the notification was gone before I could even do it.

Thank you for all the answers.
    07-16-08 03:10 PM
    weirdest thing, I went to go to the battery pull and the notification was gone before I could even do it.

Thank you for all the answers.
    no prob, thats what were here for!
    07-16-08 03:14 PM
    the 8320 has no gps, so it will always be within a generic distance, because it uses cell towers

as for the BBM, i'd say try a battery pull

Does the 8330 have GPS with Verizon? How does that work?
    07-16-08 03:22 PM
    Does the 8330 have GPS with Verizon? How does that work?
    it does, but i believe you have to use the VZNavigator software, although im sure there is a thread around here on how to unlock the gps for another program, like google maps
    07-16-08 03:24 PM
    Which blows. I hate Verizon.
    07-16-08 03:51 PM
    Which blows. I hate Verizon.
    i'm sorry bud.
    07-16-08 04:04 PM
    No need to be sorry. Verizon likes to rape their customers by disabling features on their phones, yet they have the largest coverage area and customer base. Sounds like a monopoly to me.
    07-16-08 04:19 PM
    No need to be sorry. Verizon likes to rape their customers by disabling features on their phones, yet they have the largest coverage area and customer base. Sounds like a monopoly to me.
    that is SO the reason i left them
    07-16-08 04:20 PM
    that is SO the reason i left them
    Well if I do its:

1) Wait until Aug 09 when my contract runs out
    2) Pay a early termination fee on each phone (we have two lines on the account)

The problem is I don't see any other carrier that gives as good as coverage as them where I live.
    07-16-08 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD