I have an AT&T Curve 8310. This is actually my second...my first one died on me last week after 1 solid month of greatness. After about just 10 minutes of talktime, my phone would get into this unrecoverable state. The screen blacks out and shuts off completely. I take out the battery and put it back in. Same thing. The only way to recover is to connect a charger. The battery has good life though. Usually still 50%+ full when this happens. If I talk on the phone again for 10+ minutes (unconnected to the charger) I get back into this bad state.

This is a company phone and I took the first phone to IT. They couldn't figure out was wrong and gave me a new phone...still no good. Then they swapped the SIM. They told me I somehow burned the SIM and this is the first time they have seen this? So new phone, new SIM card. I'm back in business!!!

That was two days ago. Now the old issues are back with my new setup and I have minimized the apps I use. The only apps I have downloaded are:

Google Maps
    GMail
    Google Search
    Google News
    Google Updater
    So...basically the google package

I have a 1 GIG Kingston MicroSD card. I have tried booting with the SD Card, but no improvement. My wallpaper is from the SD Card, but should that really make my phone crash mid-conversation?

On my first phone, I also had OperaMini, Beyond411, and ESPN Mobile. But I have cut down to the "essentials" for the second phone. I don't want to deal with the same walk of shame to the IT dept and have my bosses strip me of all BB-greatness =/. Help is much appreciated. Thanks.
    03-05-08 10:25 PM
    If you are using the same battery, i woulds get a new one, thats what it sounds like, especially with the "burned" or overheated SIM. It really sounds like the battery is malfunctioning.
    03-05-08 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD