Ok this is very strange.

I've had my curve for a long time now. Everything was running smooth and fine, all the sudden this morning my phone wakes me up (i have it auto-off then auto-on WAY early) so at 5am with over 200+ ding-a-lings sounds (i like the sound for emails) normally I sleep through it but after about 5 mins i was like WTF!!!! There was NO JUNK in my gmail account online at all (well maybe a dozen but no way near 200+). Then later today I get another 40+ of them? Logged back on my gmail account online and maybe had 15 emails in the "Junk" folder. Strange thing is the ALL come at once. Not like throughout the day or anything. I mean from my other email account I will get a couple throughout the day (thats expected, there isnt that great of a filter on that server) but I HARDLY EVER get junk from my gmail account?!?

Anyone have ANY idea where these phantom emails would come from and why they are being sent??? I look at the to: address and its to my gmail?? VERY STRANGE?!?!?!
    04-16-08 07:29 PM
    Albeit you only had X amount in your Spam folder. Did you have X in the Inbox? If not, very weird...

Has it happened again, since?
    04-16-08 07:36 PM
    Wow that's nuts I've never heard of that happening
    04-16-08 07:38 PM
    Albeit you only had X amount in your Spam folder. Did you have X in the Inbox? If not, very weird...

Has it happened again, since?
    Nope! Had about 200+ on my Blackberry and only a couple in my Spam folder, NONE in my Inbox Folder (online)

It happened right before I posted this. First time was this AM then right before I posted this up i got the 40+ more. Its so strange?!?!?! I'll keep it posted. Maybe it was some freak thing, but I will sure be p*ssed if i get woken up with 200+ more tomorrow lol.

Wait now that I think of it I dont know if they were in my in box. I clicked "Delete from Mailbox and Handheld" Next time I will check Gmail online before I delete any.
    04-16-08 08:30 PM
    Is there a chance you posted your address in a public place?

If your address ever appears in public, consider it burnt. Close it out and start fresh.
    04-16-08 08:48 PM
    Gmails really good at blocking spam but I seek to get so damn much its rediculious

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-08 09:13 PM
    I have the same problem. Now I get 10+ spam emails on my Gmail account throughout the day.
    And yes, they don't appear in my Gmail Spam folder!!
    It is driving me insane...
    05-16-08 12:50 AM
    i just had the same problem with an sbc yahoo account i have. got the same email every minute or so. same on outlook. i checked the actual mail server and for some reason my spam folder wasnt catching em. somones been busy!
    05-16-08 01:24 AM
    I have an account specifically for spam.
    05-16-08 04:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD