Hey, posting this for a buddy. He has a tmobile 8320.

1) I was looking at my buddies phone, and his keyboard doesn't light up. Is there a setting somewhere? Or is it possible this its just not working properly? I've owned plenty of bb's but never ran into this before. So I'm thinking something is wrong with the phone.

2) Is there a way to toggle between 2 profiles? I know how to do it with other bb's, but I can't figure it out on his phone.

Thanks in advance!
    06-28-10 09:39 AM
    Hi Pi, I know on my 8330 I can press and hold the Q key and it toggles between the active profile and vibrate. It may be different on the 8320. If you press the green button and select menu you can look at the speed dial list and view the ones with the locked icons. Those are set by default and can't be changed(easily). They usually include vm and toggle keys. Oh yeah and about the keyboard backlight, sounds like somethings wrong. I know mine stays lit as long as the screen. Have you tried the all curing battery pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 06-28-10 at 10:07 AM.
    06-28-10 10:02 AM
    Hi Pi, I know on my 8330 I can press and hold the Q key and it toggles between the active profile and vibrate. It may be different on the 8320. If you press the green button and select menu you can look at the speed dial list and view the ones with the locked icons. Those are set by default and can't be changed(easily). They usually include vm and toggle keys. Oh yeah and about the keyboard backlight, sounds like somethings wrong. I know mine stay lit as long as the screen. Have you tried the all curing battery pull?

Hey thanks for the reply! I thought it was the Q as well, but it just doesn't work on his phone. I will definitely have to check the speed dial list and see if its there. Good tip, never thought to check that

Yeah I think something is wrong too, b/c we did 2 battery pulls and nothing. I upgraded his software from the stock 4.2 to 4.5 for tmobile and then I noticed the keyboard not lighting. And he can't remember if it was working before the upgrade, which I have no idea how, but he insists he has no idea. So its kind of hard to determine if it was the os upgrade or a defective backlight.

But thanks again for the reply!
    06-28-10 10:09 AM
    On the 8330m, I had to turn off "dial from home screen" to use the Q key to swap profiles. Otherwise, it would ask me if I wanted to set a speed dial to it.

As far as the keyboard, if there is enough light in the room, the keyboard won't illuminate. Cover where the indicator LED is for a couple seconds and the keyboard should light up. If not, than there is an issue that you may need to re-load the OS to resolve, and if that does not work, you probably have a faulty device.
    06-28-10 10:11 AM
    hey ask your buddy if he handled the device with wet hands, i once had the same issue and i had some liquid damage corrosion on my keyboard
    06-28-10 11:12 AM
    Yeah ratsttam is right about the backlight. Mine doesn't light if it's bright enough in the room. Funny what we don't notice till we look! Haha

06-28-10 03:51 PM
    Yeah something is definitely wrong, it doesnt light up in pure darkness.

Thanks again for the replies guys!
    06-29-10 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD