question #1 about the beta/hybrid how stable are they and are they a good idea to use instead of the regular 5.0 os?

question #2 is there a app2sd type app like they have on the droid for bb's?like - wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php/Apps2SD
    06-22-10 11:44 AM
    I'm using BBTweaks newest hybrid and couldn't be happier! The time it took me to read through the how to, download/set up the necessary programs and then follow through each step was well worth it.

Tip: you'll need the your Boost BIS user name & password to set up your email again. If you don't have your user name, call Boost and they will give it to you. DO NOT let them tell you they can't!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 12:11 PM
    i was thinking about using Nathanix 8330 Hybrid V438.8.0 any suggestions?
    06-22-10 12:22 PM
    i was thinking about using Nathanix 8330 Hybrid V438.8.0 any suggestions?
    Actually the Nathanix site is out of business. The whole team moved over to BB Tweaks. The latest hybrid ver 438.9 is very stable.
    06-22-10 01:09 PM
    so the hybrids take up less space than the regular 5.0 Os on the phone mem? and what about the other ?uestion....a app like app2sd i saw that we have Aerize Card Loader im kinda cautious on that on since it dosent work on 5.0 os from wha i read in our app store reviews
    06-22-10 02:44 PM
    App to SD?
    Like saving applications to the SD Card?
    You cannot.

As for using a hybrid, yes it will make your device better.
    So go for it if you think you can do it.

06-23-10 05:23 AM
    Oh I am am gonna put a hybrid on my phone jus trying to figure out which is the better one. I take it that nathanix is the popular one any other suggestions?
    06-23-10 08:22 AM
    Oh I am am gonna put a hybrid on my phone jus trying to figure out which is the better one. I take it that nathanix is the popular one any other suggestions?
    Nathanix is no longer in the hybrid business. The complete team moved over to BB Tweaks. The latest version is @ bbtweaks.com
    06-23-10 08:36 AM
    Nathanix is no longer in the hybrid business. The complete team moved over to BB Tweaks. The latest version is @ bbtweaks.com
    cool I will check that out when i get off
    06-23-10 08:40 AM
    cool I will check that out when i get off
    Before you start, you will need to install BB Desktop Manager and install the base Boost 5.0 OS. Now you're ready to go.

Firstly, download the tutorial: in the menu select Tutorials/How to Install Hybrids.

Secondly, select Hybrids/Curve 8330/8330 Hybrid v438.9.0. When the page comes up there will be a Download button, select that and choose Run. This is a self-extracting file that will place the proper hybrid files in the correct folder.

Thirdly, ensure you have all the separate programs listed in the tutorial (DM, BSAK, WinRAR & Shrink-A-OS). Some of the files are provided in the download you just did. Follow the instructions in How to Install Hybrids with the exception of steps 12-17 have already been done for you when you ran the sefl-extracting download.

If you have any questions, send me a private message through CB forums. I have done six of these hybrid installs and, if you follow the instructions, it is foolproof.

JB
    06-23-10 02:02 PM
    i got the DM on my computer all ready and have 5.0 on my boost ...now when i get to bbtweaks it wont pull anything up when i got to downloads im already a member...did that this morning... is this normal?
    06-23-10 02:16 PM
    I'm not sure what your problem is. You don't actually click on downloads, you hover over the menu options until you get to the 8330 Hybrid v438.9.0. What type of desktop computer are you using & what is the operating system?
    06-23-10 02:22 PM
    ok i am going to be using win vista...i looked on my work computer thats running xp
    06-23-10 02:40 PM
    I have xp and it downloads fine. Are you logged on your computer as an Administrator?
    06-23-10 02:46 PM
    on my work desk top computer i cant login as admin...company cpu
    06-23-10 02:49 PM
    OK. Can you get to the 8330 Hybrid v438.9.0 page? I'm not sure where you are running into problems at.
    06-23-10 02:51 PM
    I noticed that you can't login as admin on your company computer. That's probably the problem. Did it let you install DM?
    06-23-10 02:55 PM
    Are you having problems on your home computer?
    06-23-10 03:01 PM
    Ok got the stuff I needed xcept 4 the hybrid files but ill get them later...only problem I see my self having is not having or able to find the /research in motion/shared file in step 13 I'm at my home pc running xp have device manager already installed what should I do now?
    06-23-10 10:49 PM
    Ok got the stuff I needed xcept 4 the hybrid files but ill get them later...only problem I see my self having is not having or able to find the /research in motion/shared file in step 13 I'm at my home pc running xp have device manager already installed what should I do now?
    You can't get the hybrid files later. You need to follow the instructions in the proper order. From my instructions yesterday:

"Before you start, you will need to install BB Desktop Manager and install the base Boost 5.0 OS. Now you're ready to go.

Firstly, download the tutorial: in the menu select Tutorials/How to Install Hybrids.

Secondly, select Hybrids/Curve 8330/8330 Hybrid v438.9.0. When the page comes up there will be a Download button, select that and choose Run. This is a self-extracting file that will place the proper hybrid files in the correct folder.

Thirdly, ensure you have all the separate programs listed in the tutorial (DM, BSAK, WinRAR & Shrink-A-OS). Some of the files are provided in the download you just did. Follow the instructions in How to Install Hybrids with the exception of steps 12-17 have already been done for you when you ran the sefl-extracting download.

If you have any questions, send me a private message through CB forums. I have done six of these hybrid installs and, if you follow the instructions, it is foolproof."

The reason you cannot find the folder in step 13 is because (1) you did not download the hybrid when you were suppose to (see my instructions above), and (2) you were to skip steps 12-17 (see my instructions above). I can tell you that if you try to do this with skipping steps or out of sequence, you will turn your berry into a paperweight. I have done it. Many others have done it. Eventually you will need to follow the instructions in the proper order. You can either do it the first time or later when you have to go back and fix your nonfunctioning BB. Good luck.
    JB
    06-24-10 08:18 AM
    Ok dude 1 I do understand the instructions u posted 2 I wasn't going to try to do it w/o the hybrid files I jus forgot to download them 3 I like to read instructions first to make sure I understand them fully and have the right folders and software b4 I start...I'm not a total moron just 1/4 lol
    06-24-10 08:25 AM
    I thought you had already started. What threw me off was your question about step 13, which I said was to be skipped. On one install I tried to do some shortcuts and had to start completely over. I was a 1/1 moron on that one . I learned my lesson and now am a 0/4 moron when I install the latest hybrid. It is safer that way.
    06-24-10 08:40 AM
    Its coo J it was my fault for not stating that I wasn't installing jus reading. So when I do extract the hybrid it will make the /research in motion/shared folder in the directory?
    06-24-10 09:01 AM
    Its coo J it was my fault for not stating that I wasn't installing jus reading. So when I do extract the hybrid it will make the /research in motion/shared folder in the directory?
    Yes it will.
    06-24-10 09:21 AM
    Tip: you'll need the your Boost BIS user name & password to set up your email again. If you don't have your user name, call Boost and they will give it to you. DO NOT let them tell you they can't!

. J will I also need my bis info from boost to set up my email again like spikes said?
    06-24-10 09:21 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD