ok, i got my first BB last weekend, and i like it so far but i have a few quick questions...

first, when i view my email (it's a yahoo.com email account) via the shortcut on the desktop, usually the graphics will not show up properly (as in they graphics are usually white squares or rectangles where a header or image would be), but if i click the "Having trouble viewing this e-mail? Click Here" link it opens in the browser and it looks fine. i have HTML enabled in the email settings, and i have everything checked in my browser settings, am i don't something wrong or is that how it's going to look unless i use the browser to view it?

second, are there any real differences between the different brands of Micro SD cards? i know i've only used SanDisk SD cards for my camera's, and i've never had a single problem with any of them, but when i was looking online for feeback for the SanDisk Micro SD cards, i read mixed reviews about them. the main problem that i read about was that some of them worked fine for a week or two and then just erased. don't get me wrong, i know things like that can happen, but i noticed that different Micro SD cards i was looking at were different classes. for example, the standard SanDisk one is a Class 2, the PNY ones i was looking at were a Class 4, and the Ultra SanDisk one i looked at was a class 6. they were all the same size (4 gig), so that does that mean that the Class 6 card is better than the Class 4 and Class 2 cards? i'm only asking because not one person i asked actually knew what it meant, and the PNY 4gig card is less than $20 locally, and i just thought it was strange that both the standard PNY card and the premium PNY card were both Class 4 cards, is that really strange?

and i can guarantee that i will have some more questions in the next few days, but it's definitely a fun phone so far...
    01-31-09 01:40 AM
    I don't know much about the sd cards but about your emails- if you have already enabled html for ALL of your email accounts(I believe you must do this for each) you can set it to download the pics automatic-or when you open an email you push the option key and download images.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 01:54 AM
    im pretty sure all of the micro SD cards work the same, and to regard the email no clue lol sorry mine was easy to set up with the email setup wizard
    01-31-09 03:57 AM
    if you have already enabled html for ALL of your email accounts(I believe you must do this for each) you can set it to download the pics automatic-or when you open an email you push the option key and download images.
    if i push the option key, i just noticed that i do have the option to "get images", but i didn't notice any option to set it so that it gets the images every time (even though i do have HTML enabled). i'll see how it works today and see if i have to do it for other emails, or if it keeps it that way until i change it...
    01-31-09 06:08 AM
    if i push the option key, i just noticed that i do have the option to "get images", but i didn't notice any option to set it so that it gets the images every time (even though i do have HTML enabled). i'll see how it works today and see if i have to do it for other emails, or if it keeps it that way until i change it...
    As far as I know you have to press "get images" on each individual email in order to view the email as if you were on a computer, with all the graphics and not links. Its supposed to be some kind of security feature that won't allow the images to be downloaded automatically.
    01-31-09 07:18 AM
    If you have html enabled in your options it will only get the images that are coded in the message.You have to "get images" everytime . The reason the email looked better to you when you clicked that link was because you were now using the internet to view it. I havent found difference in sd cards.
    01-31-09 07:21 AM
    On SD cards, the class rating is for speed of data transfer. As I understand it, the BB is optimized to use a Class 2 card standard, but should operate fine with a faster card also, according to the other posts I've read. Now your GB capacity is limited by your OS, and a search should give you the thread with a listing for those.

01-31-09 08:17 AM
    Now your GB capacity is limited by your OS, and a search should give you the thread with a listing for those.
    thanks, i found this...

BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0 Up to 2 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0.81 and later Up to 16 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 and later Up to 32 GB

and i noticed that my Curve is v4.5.0.77 (Platform 3.2.0.51), does that mean that i should have it updated, or am i up to date? i know on the Verizon site, it says that the highest i could go was 8gig, so i take it the other software versions listed above are for other BB models?
    01-31-09 10:07 AM
    The newest version is 4.5.0.89 I believe. It is not a verizon released version so you would have to follow the instructions and delete the vendor.xml file. The only reason I could see you wanting to do an upgrade right now is the ability to use a 16 gb card. Me personally I would stay at .77 if your not having any issues.
    01-31-09 10:11 AM
    There is a newer update for your device, even though it might not be from your carrier, it will work just fine. OS's are device specific, not carrier...
    01-31-09 10:12 AM
    ok, i got my first BB last weekend, and i like it so far but i have a few quick questions...

first, when i view my email (it's a yahoo.com email account) via the shortcut on the desktop, usually the graphics will not show up properly (as in they graphics are usually white squares or rectangles where a header or image would be), but if i click the "Having trouble viewing this e-mail? Click Here" link it opens in the browser and it looks fine. i have HTML enabled in the email settings, and i have everything checked in my browser settings, am i don't something wrong or is that how it's going to look unless i use the browser to view it?

second, are there any real differences between the different brands of Micro SD cards? i know i've only used SanDisk SD cards for my camera's, and i've never had a single problem with any of them, but when i was looking online for feeback for the SanDisk Micro SD cards, i read mixed reviews about them. the main problem that i read about was that some of them worked fine for a week or two and then just erased. don't get me wrong, i know things like that can happen, but i noticed that different Micro SD cards i was looking at were different classes. for example, the standard SanDisk one is a Class 2, the PNY ones i was looking at were a Class 4, and the Ultra SanDisk one i looked at was a class 6. they were all the same size (4 gig), so that does that mean that the Class 6 card is better than the Class 4 and Class 2 cards? i'm only asking because not one person i asked actually knew what it meant, and the PNY 4gig card is less than $20 locally, and i just thought it was strange that both the standard PNY card and the premium PNY card were both Class 4 cards, is that really strange?

and i can guarantee that i will have some more questions in the next few days, but it's definitely a fun phone so far...

Welcome to crackberry...we've been expecting you!
    01-31-09 10:15 AM
    As far as I know you have to press "get images" on each individual email in order to view the email as if you were on a computer, with all the graphics and not links. Its supposed to be some kind of security feature that won't allow the images to be downloaded automatically.
    You will have to "get images" each time. It is a security feature. The images are hosted on a website. This prevents you from going to a website you didn't want to.

I am not sure about classes, but the less expensive card has worked fine on my BB. I have not had any problems. I do remove it when I do an OS update.

01-31-09 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD